DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got to fly a Mavic Pro Platinum

pmshop

Reactions
The Athletics department at the school district I work for got a Mavic Pro Platinum for football practices.
They asked if I would volunteer to fly.
Like really need to twist my arm for that. :D

Any who, I brought my setup to use the MavMount and iPad Mini 5 I have.

Question:
So the USB under the Mavic Pro series controller (display screen type) cannot be used for a link to the iPad Mini 5?

I can use my USB under my Mavic Air controllers to connect direct to the iPad Mini 5 no problem.
They let me bring the Mavic Pro Platinum package to test my theory and sure enough, I could connect to the iPad Mini 5 with an OTG cable connected to the side of the controller and a USB to lightning cable.

If I recall the manual correctly, the USB insert transmits data, just like the micro usb, however it does not charge; which IMO is a huge bonus. Using the micro USB consumes the RC battery twice as fast (I sometimes fly with just Goggles+RC and can go through 8 batteries before RC drain VS 4 batteries when using my phone).

If I recall the manual correctly, the USB insert transmits data, just like the micro usb, however it does not charge; which IMO is a huge bonus. Using the micro USB consumes the RC battery twice as fast (I sometimes fly with just Goggles+RC and can go through 8 batteries before RC drain VS 4 batteries when using my phone).

yeah, the USB insert as you call on the Mavic Pro Platinum did not send any data to my iPad Mini 5.
But the USB insert from the Mavic Air controller does.

He probably did since you have to do that on the Air too. Could be a faulty port...

must be a problem on the controller i use a 2018 ipad 6th gen and i plug mine into the bottom USB and it works fine i use a genuine apple cable

WOW! Didn't even think of that.
With my Mavic Air, I have the cable in a box for future needs.
With the Mavic Pro I flew as a guest, it was still connected to the micro USB Port.
Just tried it out on the bench unplugged and it works as described.

Thanks fellas!

Reactions: jimlips and WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121