DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS coordinates of the lost drone

Airtony

Reactions
I forced an issue with Find My Drone option: the GPS coordinates show the place of crash but not the actual position of the drone. Why?

The location shown on the Find My Drone map is the last location recorded in the TXT flight log on your mobile device. If the drone keeps moving after it disconnects from the remote controller, then it will not be located at the last recorded point.

I lost my drone gps disconnected immediately after take off and find my drone shows only take off point for the whole duration of flight . How can I locate my drone

I lost my drone gps disconnected immediately after take off and find my drone shows only take off point for the whole duration of flight . How can I locate my drone
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please create a new thread and post a link to the page you're taken to after uploading your flight log.

tell me nothing that helps locate shows it never leaving my take off location which is not true

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-13_[01-25-39].txt
    777.3 KB · Views: 14
tell me nothing that helps locate shows it never leaving my take off location which is not true
Your flight record shows the drone left launch point and went a long way.
The problem is that it did it without any GPS after 4 seconds.

Explanation on your other thread here: LOST MAVIC PRO NO GPS

I am a proponent of locators. No one expects to takeoff and loose their drone. Most of the trackers require a network connection.
I use a Marco Polo. It is self contained and does not require a network. I never expected to loose my AC and I never expected to not have cellular.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143