DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gps fallout

MAVEYE

Reactions
Hello to all I am another newbie and was testing our the mavic. The info...
I asked the local farmer if it was okay to test my drone on his land and he gave me the go ahead I checked on uav forecasts and all looked good it did state there was to prisons in my area but looking at the maps I was nowhere going to be near and it was well out the red zones on the map. I was only going to stay not much higher than the average tree line and stay in line of sight in the farmers field . As I was flying the go app came up with disconnected the drone was stationery in the air and the controller looked like all was good except it did have near a NFZ on the controller display . I rebooted my phone but it would not allow me into the app stating that I had no gps but the controller was still showing full bars with gps ? I was well away from this NFZ area as I checked on the map again . I then had a panic as the drone climbed then stopped but that s when I realised it was the auto return to home mode thank God even though i had no go app connected . Has anyone else had this problem or was it something I was doing wrong? Help would be very appreciated. Firmware was showing upto date and I also calibrated the compass in the field before take off .

Hello to all I am another newbie and was testing our the mavic. The info...
I asked the local farmer if it was okay to test my drone on his land and he gave me the go ahead I checked on uav forecasts and all looked good it did state there was to prisons in my area but looking at the maps I was nowhere going to be near and it was well out the red zones on the map. I was only going to stay not much higher than the average tree line and stay in line of sight in the farmers field . As I was flying the go app came up with disconnected the drone was stationery in the air and the controller looked like all was good except it did have near a NFZ on the controller display . I rebooted my phone but it would not allow me into the app stating that I had no gps but the controller was still showing full bars with gps ? I was well away from this NFZ area as I checked on the map again . I then had a panic as the drone climbed then stopped but that s when I realised it was the auto return to home mode thank God even though i had no go app connected . Has anyone else had this problem or was it something I was doing wrong? Help would be very appreciated. Firmware was showing upto date and I also calibrated the compass in the field before take off .
I got a similar issue, on low battery, the app disconnected but the controller was connected to the drone and I was able to fly it normaly, I restarted the phone nothing changed, I landed and restarted the joystick, issue solved, I think it's a software issue on the app it self or the joystick

Thanks for the response Funny you should mention this because when i did land i shut everything off and restarted and everything connected. I did take off again but the same thing happend thats when i gave up.I charged the batteries up 3 days before but never had a chance to fly .It did say that the batt was fully charged and the controller. I rechecked the maps and i was not close to the 2 prisons but I wonder if prisons now have some sort of drone Jammer antenna they emitted out? I will try again and see if I get the same problems.

Reactions: joejoseph
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus