DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS is blank

gregd71

Reactions
Hey guys. I just got a new Mavic mini. and using the DJI Fly app, the GPS box in the lower left of the flight screen is a blank white box, even when expanded to full screen. Any clue as to why? I had a previous Mavic Pro, and this function worked fine there. it would look like a google map with a green line showing where the drone had flown. No such luck with the new drone. It does say "the home point has been updated, please check it on the map" and it does land in the home spot if i hit the home button. The GPS map and overlays are just blank though. Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 as the controller. Thanks for any help or a nudge to a prior post if one exists.

Hey guys. I just got a new Mavic mini. and using the DJI Fly app, the GPS box in the lower left of the flight screen is a blank white box,
The GPS map and overlays are just blank though.
You are referring to the map box, and it's the map that is blank, not GPS.
The map has nothing to do with GPS but GPS location data from the drone can be displayed on the map.
But you have to get that map from somewhere.
And that somewhere is internet data.
If your phone or tablet can access internet data, it can download the map.
If you are out in the wilderness or have disabled wifi and/or mobile data, your app won't be downloading any maps.
But you can cache map data at home to use when you are out of range.

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
it has internet access. im in my front yard on wifi connection. its the same phone i used for the mavic pro (until it crashed) and it worked fine there. thanks!

Hey guys. I just got a new Mavic mini. and using the DJI Fly app, the GPS box in the lower left of the flight screen is a blank white box, even when expanded to full screen. Any clue as to why? I had a previous Mavic Pro, and this function worked fine there. it would look like a google map with a green line showing where the drone had flown. No such luck with the new drone. It does say "the home point has been updated, please check it on the map" and it does land in the home spot if i hit the home button. The GPS map and overlays are just blank though. Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 as the controller. Thanks for any help or a nudge to a prior post if one exists.
You need compass calibration! When I calibrated my Mavic Mini, in map I can see roads, river and any water storage.

You need compass calibration! When I calibrated my Mavic Mini, in map I can see roads, river and any water storage.
Calibrating the compass has nothing to do with the map.
Nothing at all.
It was coincidence that your app downloaded the map after unnecessarily recalibrating the compass.

Calibrating the compass has nothing to do with the map.
Nothing at all.
It was coincidence that your app downloaded the map after unnecessarily recalibrating the compass.
I have it. Map downloaded without internet, with compass calibrating. Before calibrating my compass, my map is all white

Map uploaded without internet with compass calibration.

I have it. Map downloaded without internet, with compass calibrating. Before calibrating my compass, my map is all white
There is only one way for the app to download a map and that's from internet data.
If you had any idea what compass calibration actually does, you'd understand that it has nothing, nix, nada , zilch, zip to do with the map.
They are 100% unrelated.

There is only one way for the app to download a map and that's from internet data.
If you had any idea what compass calibration actually does, you'd understand that it has nothing, zilch, nix, zip, nada to do with the map.
They are 100% unrelated.
But then explain why I have a white folder before calibrating the compass (the phone is on in flight mode, no internet) and have a map available after calibration

But then explain why I have a white folder before calibrating the compass (the phone is on in flight mode, no internet) and have a map available after calibration
I won't try to guess what you did or why the map appeared.
But it couldn't possibly have had anything at all to do with recalibrating your compass !!!
That would be impossible.

I won't try to guess what you did or why the map appeared.
But it couldn't possibly have had anything at all to do with recalibrating your compass !!!
That would be impossible.
Everything is possible!

Well, it definitely was a WIFI issue. I did not have this problem using the other drone with the DJIGo 4 software. it was able to show a map whether i was in range of a wifi or not. im using my cell phone from 5 years ago to run the drone, not my current phone. so no cellular data if im out of range. annoying

Reactions: Mavic Mini
it was able to show a map whether i was in range of a wifi or not.
Your app can show a map if you have internet data to be able to download it.
Or .. if you have previously downloaded that map and it's still in the phone's memory (cached).
There is no way to download a new map without having access to internet data.
That's the only source of the maps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143