DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gps issues?

reaperman

Reactions
Coming off winter and a very windy April I haven't been able to fly my mini 2 much. The last two times I did get it out was earlier in the week and again this morning. Both times as I was mid air, I was getting an occasional "poor gps signal" warning. I never lost complete signal, the indicator would go into yellow color showing around 10 or so satellites. But the entire time flying the satellite number was always changing between 12-16 satellites. I realize that's plenty of signal, but having this drone over a year now. I recall always having more satellites all of the time and never a warning issued. I live in the country and other than trees, there are no obstructions whatsoever.

I tried checking the drones firmware number on the RC but it only comes up with "N/A, update available". I hardly believe the firmware would be the culprit. Could it be as simple as the current satellite position in the sky at a given time? I recall the mini being able to receive signal from additional satellites than previous models. I recall locking onto over 20+ satellites most of the time.

Get the free UAV Forecast app and it will tell you how many locked satellites you should have from your location. It also tells you more information that you should be aware of.

Both times as I was mid air, I was getting an occasional "poor gps signal" warning. I never lost complete signal, the indicator would go into yellow color showing around 10 or so satellites
There will always be more than enough sats in your sky.
If your drone is up in open sky, above obstacles, there is no reason it should have poor GPS.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada