DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gps Issues

Tucana

Reactions
I have a couple questions in regard to the GPS/ Compass. Is there a way to turn the GPS off while flying. For instance, I was trying to fly indoors in a NFZ and in certain spots it would pick up the GPS. It would force it to land since it was in a NFZ but I was indoors. The other question I have deals with compass. Will it give you an error when the compass needs calibrating on the main screen? Sometimes when I connect to the Mavic in the DJI app, it goes to an aircraft status screen. By the compass is says calibrate and normal out beside it. Does this mean in needs calibrating?

Is there a way to turn the GPS off while flying.
No.

Will it give you an error when the compass needs calibrating on the main screen?
DJI GO will sometimes display a message prompting you to calibrate the compass. That doesn't necessarily mean you should do it though. Check out this compass calibration guide for more details.

By the compass is says calibrate and normal out beside it. Does this mean in needs calibrating?
No. It's just where you must go to calibrate the compass from DJI GO.

Btw I was unsure myself if that prompt in the system startup initiation list meant to do it every time you see that or only if some more blatant request to calibrate. I
Guess it is always there for everyone.

Yes, it is always there for everyone.

Another issue I ran into tonight, I initiated a return to home. The unit flew up to the set height, returned to home, rotated the correct direction but did not descend. It just stayed at the RTH altitude. Any ideas what caused it? I was flying at night and it wasn't very lit.

Try uploading your TXT flight log here. Perhaps it'll reveal what happened.

Another issue I ran into tonight, I initiated a return to home. The unit flew up to the set height, returned to home, rotated the correct direction but did not descend. It just stayed at the RTH altitude. Any ideas what caused it? I was flying at night and it wasn't very lit.
Tuscany see my thread I posted yesterday under help. You and I seem to be having similar experiences. One of us should take the plunge and calibrate IMU I guess.

Odd we are having identical experience and I recall us nothing getting our drone via apple the same day although not the same store.

The Mavic manual states the following in the Smart RTH section:

"If Landing Protection determines that the ground is not suitable for landing, the Mavic Pro will hover and wait for pilot confirmation".

Perhaps that's what it was doing since it was dark and it probably couldn't see the ground below it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627