DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS location onscreen

Bogwan035

Reactions
Is it possible to view your GPS location on-screen? I can't find anyway to show the GPS of the drone. I did a search but didn't locate an answer to this question. Thanks :)

If you mean the numbers, not that I know of, and I would welcome correction if I am wrong, but if a map would suffice then the box in the lower left of screen should open a map.
If you want to add coordinates to recorded video whilst recording it, 3 dot menu -> camera -> advanced shooting settings and switch video subtitles to on. I believe this writes an SRT file into the video and the likes of VLC can display them when playing the recorded video.
Live, as you are flying, they might be pretty distracting

Reactions: tino.v
If you mean the numbers, not that I know of, and I would welcome correction if I am wrong, but if a map would suffice then the box in the lower left of screen should open a map.
If you want to add coordinates to recorded video whilst recording it, 3 dot menu -> camera -> advanced shooting settings and switch video subtitles to on. I believe this writes an SRT file into the video and the likes of VLC can display them when playing the recorded video.
Thanks I would like to see the lat&long on screen but will be making the change so my videos have it!

There's currently no way to view the drone's lat/long while flying.

cool !! I didn't know that. Thx

The Mini doesn't use SRT, but rather embeds the caption with the video. That's probably true for the MA2 as well.

I used to not like the method of using a separate SRT file, particularly when not all players support it but with the embedded method, you lose it if you need to repair the video, and it can be tricky to engage it with some players. It doesn't seem to have a standard identifier.

Lat long #s not live on Go 4 either. Do display on Lichi (not available on mini)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242