DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS lock notification

GGehret

Reactions
I have a question regarding the supposed verbal notification many people speak about when first starting their drone. I have a M2P with a smart controller. I have NOT heard any verbal communication telling me that GPS home location has been established after I first start up. I usually do the automatic start, and then let my drone hover a good minute. I look to make sure I have a lot of satellites "listed" and then I fly. Every time I've used the RTH button, my droned returns nicely and, for the most part, hits the spot where it took off quite accurately, so I am assuming that a good GPS home lock happened, even though nothing every shows up on the screen at first or I don't hear anything to tell me that. Does the smart controller not do this, or is there something I have to set in the settings? Just wondering. Thanks.

It will usually say "Home point recorded. Please check it on the map". Plenty of times I miss it and the on screen message too, but the map itself will have an "H" in a circle to show that it has your homepoint.

Reactions: GGehret
It will usually say "Home point recorded. Please check it on the map". Plenty of times I miss it and the on screen message too, but the map itself will have an "H" in a circle to show that it has your homepoint.
Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to fly again since it was also recommended to me to check the volume---LOL--so I will check that out too next time. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje