DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracking Device. Okay to use?

TheMikeTD

Reactions
I'm brand new to flying a drone so I'm here to learn. I was looking into attaching a GPS tacker to my drone. I did not as of yet because of two reasons.

1. Would the signal from the tracking device mess with the signals from or to the drone?

2. Where do you place the tracker? Top, bottom, front, rear?

Thank you.

Would the signal from the tracking device mess with the signals from or to the drone?
No.

Where do you place the tracker?
Depending on the size of the tracker you choose, there will likely be a few possible mounting locations. You can find some ideas here.

BTW, if you're not sure which trackers are available, you can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

Here is my 2¢ on the Marco Polo Ultralight tracker and why I think it is the best option. 80% or more of my flying is done where there is NO cellular reception, The Marco Polo battery will last for over a week in it's on condition (transmitting it's location). It does not require GPS, cellular or WiFi, best of all there are no monthly charges. The locator range is rated at two miles but that is ideal, realistically a mile minimum.

@Aerial-Pixel makes a 3D printed Ultralight mount. When I first received my tracker I used Velcro to mount it to the top of each battery. I later found his mount and I really like it. It mounts to the rear leg and holds the tracker more securely than Velcro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder