DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grain/Noisy Images but ISO 100

JacobT

Reactions
d2693a39bd7667eb75beb634dabe0e2e.jpg

Hi all, been using my M2Z since Xmas. Fantastic drone but notice very noisy images unless there is decent daylight/sunlight. Trying to get some shots as the sun sets and lots of noise.
Just wondered how everyone got their photos so clean & sharp using M2Z?
Here’s an example photo completely un edited. Got more examples if needed [emoji106]

A 900px example doesn't show much of anything. Besides, what are all the other camera settings?

Reactions: JacobT
Hi all, been using my M2Z since Xmas. Fantastic drone but notice very noisy images unless there is decent daylight/sunlight. Trying to get some shots as the sun sets and lots of noise.
That example is 960 x 544. Full size images should be 4000 x 3000
Have you reduced it from a larger original or are you looking at a small preview-grade cached image?

A 900px example doesn't show much of anything. Besides, what are all the other camera settings?

Sorry, I think I must have chosen wrong resolution to upload to the forum as my phone compresses it. I will get another example in the morning sorry!

That example is 960 x 544. Full size images should be 4000 x 3000
Have you reduced it from a larger original or are you looking at a small preview-grade cached image?

I believe I have uploaded a compressed version to the forum. I will get the proper one in the morning from my laptop. Sorry !

Sorry, I think I must have chosen wrong resolution to upload to the forum as my phone compresses it. I will get another example in the morning sorry!
You need to get the real original image files from the SD card rather than a small cached image that might be saved to your phone.

Reactions: Kilrah
Some noise is unavoidable on a 1/2.3" sensor, even at ISO 100. You cannot overcome physics. It is not a problem unique to the M2Z - most manufacturers using such tiny sensors are baking in noise reduction even at ISO 100 because they have to.

To get the most out of it though, just make sure you are not underexposing or over-sharpening, as both of those will greatly exaggerate noise.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus