DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grandfather needs a little guidance with Litchi/VR Goggles

Aero1

Reactions
Hi Gentleman, Flying a Mavic Pro for a while know and loving and wanted to share the experience with my grand daughters. So, hoping for a little input before purchasing Litchi. I have a pair of Homido V2 VR Virtualy Reality Headset and was wondering if I install Litchi on an Iphone 6s would I be able to run a usb cable from the bottom of the remote to the Homido V2 VR Virtualy Reality Headset and then have my mini Ipad 4 connected to the micro usb on the controller?
As my granddaughters are wanting to learn to fly I thought this would also be another fun experience for the,. And I should say also for myself.
Is the Litchi app pretty stable? Any words of wisdom would be great also? I know one has to be careful with that micro usb on the controller. Right now I have the magnetic plug in the micro port which works great for charging but I don't know if it would be a good idea to use the magnetic connections when going to my mini ipad.
Thanks for your help!

Hi Gentleman, Flying a Mavic Pro for a while know and loving and wanted to share the experience with my grand daughters. So, hoping for a little input before purchasing Litchi. I have a pair of Homido V2 VR Virtualy Reality Headset and was wondering if I install Litchi on an Iphone 6s would I be able to run a usb cable from the bottom of the remote to the Homido V2 VR Virtualy Reality Headset and then have my mini Ipad 4 connected to the micro usb on the controller?
As my granddaughters are wanting to learn to fly I thought this would also be another fun experience for the,. And I should say also for myself.
Is the Litchi app pretty stable? Any words of wisdom would be great also? I know one has to be careful with that micro usb on the controller. Right now I have the magnetic plug in the micro port which works great for charging but I don't know if it would be a good idea to use the magnetic connections when going to my mini ipad.
Thanks for your help!

you cant use both sockets, the only way to do what you want is to get a set of HDMI goggles (such as fat shark ones) and use a tablet that has HDMI output and plug a cable from the tablet into the HDMI goggles.

Tablets with HDMI output such as the Nvidia Shield K1 do work well using this method.

BUT the output will be a mirror of what is on the screen so the VR mode in Litchi wont work as all you will see is a split image on the screen.

The only other method is to get the DJI Goggles, expensive I know but the experience beats anything.

OR buy a second remote control, great for training kids to fly and you could then use a cheap pair of VR goggles that the phone mounts inside and then you could use Litchi.

So are you saying the only way my present situation will work is to use the USB at the bottom of the controller and run a cable to the iPhone 6s which will be in the VR goggles? I would then want to just stay very close as my granddaughter's would be wearing the goggles oh, and I would just be flying by visual line-of-sight without a screen to reference. Thanks for the help and your thoughts, safe flying.

So are you saying the only way my present situation will work is to use the USB at the bottom of the controller and run a cable to the iPhone 6s which will be in the VR goggles? I would then want to just stay very close as my granddaughter's would be wearing the goggles oh, and I would just be flying by visual line-of-sight without a screen to reference. Thanks for the help and your thoughts, safe flying.

Yes that would be the only way my friend

Thanks for your help!
Litchi is stable yes, only thing I would say is that with the iPhones the resolution isn’t great but you can fly with it.

Now Litchi has a lot of other great features and is an app I recommend even if somebody doesn’t plan to use it for VR buts there’s actually another app I like better for FPV called Mavic FPV
Mavic FPV - Waypoint & VR by Michele Vagnetti
‎Mavic FPV - Waypoint & VR

I like this one better because the screen can be adjusted to the FPV googles and you get the full immersive experience because the screen can go all the way to the sides of the device. Litchi only allows a very narrow viewing area. Another thing I like about this app is it has a VR indicator from the home point. As you fly around the homepoint has a green circle around it overlaid on the screen. A map takes up valuable real estate inside the goggles so neither option has and it can be easy to get turned around but the VR means you always know where home is just by swiveling around. Mavic FPV also has a great waypoints feature that is as good or better than Litchi’s.

Last great feature is he has free trial app so you can check it out before buying. You get limited time in the trial but it’s plenty to get the idea. Mavic FPV is also a lot less than Litchi I believe. Here is the free trial app
VR PRO for SPARK/MAVIC/PHANTOM by Michele Vagnetti
‎VR PRO for SPARK/MAVIC/PHANTOM

It’s slightly different from the paid version with less features but it’s cool he lets you try it before buying

Hey Gentleman, thank you so much for your guidance with my endeavor. I figure for now I will try the VR Pro as suggested by brett8833. I will do some flying around in a park by me and see how it goes. I figure that nothing else, I can let the granddaughters wear the goggles and I will fly around the park. I have been letting them fly some in the park and they are really getting a hang of it. Again, I appreciate your help.
Fly on and be safe!

Reactions: brett8883
What about the Mavic FPV app, some say that is even better? Just thrown that out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada