DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Indoor Flyer - probably the best I've tried and One Tough Mini - impressive

Dougcjohn

Reactions
Several things are certainly on the "missing" list for the Mini & GoFly App... several of these will most likely bubble up in near future.

I will say it's a smooth indoor flyer, able to sit in my kitchen and easily fly it FPV down the halls, up the stairs, into upper halls. The Tello wasn't bad but not near as smooth, and the Spark even with AO turned off was less stable climbing the stairs and maintaining minimal drift. All great little indoor flyers, and enjoyable to attempt FPV through them all... the Mini in my opinion does the Indoor flying better. The Spark clearly outshines it outdoors in performance, but the Mini does continue to fly long past most with it's 26-30 minute flights.

Indoor Radio reception remained very smooth compared to other two... none were poor, but the Mini remain flicker free and appears low latency.

Little Toughy -
I was experiementing, and flying between my kitchen nook table and it's chandelier light dangly stuff... about 10" of vertical space between table junk & dangly. Something on table caused the Mini to climb a few inches and put it's props into the light's dangly stuff (glass & metal links strips). I thought it was going to spit the Mini out instantly, but it sat there and beat the dangly and even broke one of the metal loop links. Finally got it lower down and move... examining the Mini later shows prop edges are now rough & uneven. I was impressed how the little motors didn't immediately stall out and drop the Mini. Later during another cat pursuit up the stairs, I turned a bit late and struck some of my Wife's wall decorations... it chewed a bit and again resisted going down, but not visually seeing the position I moved the wrong direction and downed the Mini. Again the props took a little more roughness, no breaks or major nicks... just not a smooth edge. The motor's stall reaction seems higher than any small craft I've experimented with indoors.

This might be a nice little craft as it's FW & App develop over the next 6-12 months.

Haha, glad to hear I'm not the only one who has managed to down my mini indoors. Mine also sports the same rough edges and tips on the props after its one crash indoors and grazing a rock I was using to anchor a landing pad when a gust pushed it in to the rock on take off.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
You need a Tiny Whoop then.

You need a Tiny Whoop then.
Just looked that up... and the Nano Tiny Whoop.
Those sounds like a blast... and itty bitty little thangs!
Way different than the MMini but looks like a fun time indoors.

How do they fly? I've had a few little micro quads and they drifted all over the place... but they were more toy than anything.

Do you FPV via screen on a controller or goggles?

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: zzxrox
I've had more stability issues with the MM than the Tello indoors in low light. Not really complaining though.

I've had more stability issues with the MM than the Tello indoors in low light. Not really complaining though.
Interesting... I'm not sure how dark I'd consider my hallways... hadn't really compared in low light. But I did play in yard in darkness and it appeared very stable. I felt the MM sensors worked further off the ground than the Tello's.

It probably was working more off of GPS in your yard than VPS. VPS can't work at night. App will even tell you light is too low.

How do they fly? I've had a few little micro quads and they drifted all over the place... but they were more toy than anything.

Thanks for the tip!
Check this out. Its one of my Tiny Whoops. Zombie Drone on YouTube

Reactions: CallSignShadow

Thanks for the tip!
Oh I use goggles. It's hard to fly FPV with the monitor for me now. Way more fun to be immersed. Also I fly acro now which is way more fun. I flew in the house on this vid (a tiny whoop :)) I'll stop posting now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11