DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green Horn from Tejas

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I guess like many people I found the forum while searching for an issue I was having. After several hours without issue I started getting gimbal overload errors and choppy movement. I think I read most threads that had the word gimbal in it. While installing a tiffen filter today I discovered a piece of tape on the back of the gimbal. Two ears on the tape had come loose and would cause it to bind. Looks like shipping tape but no pull on it for removal.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Uno.

I'm a Spark flyer myself. :)

While installing a tiffen filter today I discovered a piece of tape on the back of the gimbal. Two ears on the tape had come loose and would cause it to bind. Looks like shipping tape but no pull on it for removal.

It's probably the one piece of tape that new owners don't realize it's there.

Take the tape off since it's giving you errors and see what happens, you can always put it back.

I had one hiding up in there with the MA2.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Removing the tape corrected the issue. The tape has two ears on it that bend around the back of the gimbal, the two ears had come loose and as the gimbal moved they would drag on the main body and cause the error.

Hi from the Houston Texas area. Where in Texas are you?
I have a home and work in the DFW area but also have a home in North Texas just off the Red River. Right now I spend the bulk of my time in Dallas but next year plan to start limiting my time in Dallas to as little as absolutely needed.

Reactions: Chetk7677
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent