DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green Mountains White - The Beauty of Vermont in the Winter

Up front, the Mavic Pro isn't rated for use below freezing. That said, with a few considerations you can safely fly in the winter. What are some of your suggestions for shooting in the cold?

Outstanding! There's so much bad aerial footage out there, I was in need of some inspiration. Story telling, excellent editing, and natural intuition on movement make this a compelling piece! Are you a filmmaker when not flying?

Such an excellent piece makes me reluctant to submit a banal tech question, but your gimbal movements were very steady & graceful. Just wondering if you used cinematic mode or just slowed the gimbal movements in settings? Were the tight shots close to the ice & through brambles done with a DSLR/gimbal? (that's a plus IMO, as I like seeing land based footage edited into aerial sequences)

Since posting these comments, I viewed some of the "action" videos on your youtube channel. Some crazy flying there! But so far this one remains at the top. It tells a story -elegantly, with restraint.

This is one of the rare videos I have seen recently that wan't marred by jarring pans, tilts or transition Fx. Well done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvt and RTKD
@Citizen Flier thank you so much! Yes I did start out as a photographer, and I hope to make films someday. I don't use cinematic mode much but I have slowed my gimbal down almost all the way and added a lot of ramp.

I used a GoPro on a Feiyutech WG gimbal that's mounted to an extendable monopole. This lets me simulate flying shots through obstacles.

Thanks for watching !

Reactions: Bobvt
“I used a GoPro on a Feiyutech WG gimbal that's mounted to an extendable monopole. This lets me simulate flying shots through obstacles”

Ha! I used a 17’ painters pole w GoPro too! That was my poor man’’s drone.
Here’s an early test, Ghost Bird:
(Wait for the payoff)

Reactions: RTKD
I almost never comment on videos because they are the expression of an individual. They mean so much to those individuals that they share them and that makes them special so I watch them. I almost never watch those videos twice but this one really pulled me in. Thank you.

• Love
Thank you so much @iso , this video in particular was a true labor of love for me and I think that's part of what shows through. I was reflecting on where I grew up with a new appreciation, having been away for so long. I feel like finding the correct music to set the tone is the other ingredient that pulled it together.
Thanks so much for watching, I'm really happy you enjoyed it :)

Beautiful! How long have you been flying?
Thank you! At that time I had only been flying for a few months. But I've worked as a photographer, and I have a degree in 3d animation, so I had a strong understanding of the movements that I wanted to reproduce.

Thank you! At that time I had only been flying for a few months. But I've worked as a photographer, and I have a degree in 3d animation, so I had a strong understanding of the movements that I wanted to reproduce.
3D for games or film? I mix 3D props/scenes with real people/locations for stills. Now using aerials to improve dynamics of still scenes.

3D for games or film?
As silly as this may sound I was trying to merge the two. What I was concentrating on was post render effects that would fake some of the effects of ray tracing and get a better looking image almost in real time. Of course now everyone is really good at this, and they've got graphic cards with a dedicated ray tracing coprocessor

As silly as this may sound I was trying to merge the two. What I was concentrating on was post render effects that would fake some of the effects of ray tracing and get a better looking image almost in real time. Of course now everyone is really good at this, and they've got graphic cards with a dedicated ray tracing coprocessor
Pls excuse my OT drift
I mix all in stills:

Attachments

• 32AB76E1-0540-44BD-BEB7-BC9B15806CB7.jpeg
    32AB76E1-0540-44BD-BEB7-BC9B15806CB7.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads