DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Arkansas, United States

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

WELCOME FELLOW ARKANSIAN!!!!
WOW, it is truly quite rare to have a
Neighbor on board..
My friend you have found the right place
For excellent information, troubleshooting,
And everything drone related..
You mentioned remote not connecting to phone.
You should prolly submit your question in the mini2 forums but I’ll take a crack at it here.
I fly a Mavic Pro so there are differences of course..
First of all are you SURE your phone is compatible to the app?
I’m strictly iPhone/ iPad man but know that
Some androids just aren’t cut out for the apps.
Second have you tried to manually connect by going to remote icon in app, select linking remote, then on mini depressing the small remote connect button?
Listen Bud I’m not a tech guru but I can promise
That there is a solution in this place.
Like I said you should try asking under the mini 2 Help forum...
Welcome my friend once again,
I live in Searcy, I’m retired at 55, have my
Commercial license and would love to get
Together some time and fly...
Welcome...
John

WELCOME FELLOW ARKANSIAN!!!!
WOW, it is truly quite rare to have a
Neighbor on board..
My friend you have found the right place
For excellent information, troubleshooting,
And everything drone related..
You mentioned remote not connecting to phone.
You should prolly submit your question in the mini2 forums but I’ll take a crack at it here.
I fly a Mavic Pro so there are differences of course..
First of all are you SURE your phone is compatible to the app?
I’m strictly iPhone/ iPad man but know that
Some androids just aren’t cut out for the apps.
Second have you tried to manually connect by going to remote icon in app, select linking remote, then on mini depressing the small remote connect button?
Listen Bud I’m not a tech guru but I can promise
That there is a solution in this place.
Like I said you should try asking under the mini 2 Help forum...
Welcome my friend once again,
I live in Searcy, I’m retired at 55, have my
Commercial license and would love to get
Together some time and fly...
Welcome...
John
Thanks, I got my mini June 19th. It was flying great till the app update v1.1.6 after that the remote doesn’t connect to mobile device. I had been using my iPhone till I got an iPad holder/adapter with no problems. It maybe a coincidence to the app update but I cannot get the remote to connect to DJI Assistant 2 like it did when I first got it. The laptop shows a message when I plug the usb in that it doesn’t recognize the device, just like when a jump drive does when it goes bad.
I live in Bay just southeast of Jonesboro

Reactions: mrjohnc1
oh wow you are right up the road from me! Did you install the android usb drivers on your laptop? Has it connected to the drone before or did it just start? I’d be happy to meet ya with my laptop and give it a try if ya need and if ya ever wanna meet up and fly just hollar. I am out all the time. Be safe!

Thanks, I got my mini June 19th. It was flying great till the app update v1.1.6 after that the remote doesn’t connect to mobile device. I had been using my iPhone till I got an iPad holder/adapter with no problems. It maybe a coincidence to the app update but I cannot get the remote to connect to DJI Assistant 2 like it did when I first got it. The laptop shows a message when I plug the usb in that it doesn’t recognize the device, just like when a jump drive does when it goes bad.
I live in Bay just southeast of Jonesboro

Welcome!! Fellow Arkansan here (Jonesboro) - I know this may be a dumb question but have you tried another cable or maybe even another device to see if that will work? Good luck and happy flying!
Yes I have tried the cable that came with it and the cable I got from Drone valley for the iPad, also went to my desktop pc and tried to connect to dji assistant 2 on it with the same results.. Thanks

oh wow you are right up the road from me! Did you install the android usb drivers on your laptop? Has it connected to the drone before or did it just start? I’d be happy to meet ya with my laptop and give it a try if ya need and if ya ever wanna meet up and fly just hollar. I am out all the time. Be safe!
I had to do an update when I unboxed it before I could fly.. It has been flying fine till the v1.1.6 update and now it is like the remote is dead to the pc. I can fly the mini without the iPhone or iPad, but I don't want to do that since I am a newbie to drones....

Hello from Arkansas, I am a newbie only had my mini 2 months and now since the new fly app update I am grounded unless I want to fly with no telemetry (RC will not connect to mobile device). I have sent dji support an email about my problem. They responded that they will check into it. Fly safe everyone
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Update: DJI has sent an email today saying that the repair tech has determined that the main board in my remote is bad and that it will be repaired or replaced! Just waiting now for it to get back and get back in the sky! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on what could be wrong and how to check other things......

Reactions: Beet and JohnnyD913
Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute