DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Carmel, Indiana

TheFalcon

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic Pilots,

I just started droning a couple of weeks ago, and I found myself on this site so many times that I figured I might as well join!

I’ve owned a toy drone for several years (a Syma X22) but haven’t flown it much (especially since I lost the battery charger during my recent move). It seemed like drones were quite the thing a few years ago, but more recently, after flying my drone in the park (and right into a tree!), I wondered why I never saw anyone flying drones any more. Were they illegal to fly outdoors now due to new privacy laws?

Then a couple of weeks ago I was visiting my girlfriend in Santa Fe and I saw someone flying their drone at the Rio Grande Gorge. I thought to myself, “wow, he must be getting some incredible shots!” I used to be a photographer, but had lost interest a few years ago.

I looked up the laws and was surprised to find that, with some restrictions, they are entirely legal to fly!

So I ended up getting a Mavic Mini, and the rest is history! I’ve become completely obsessed ever since, and just purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom as well. (I’m not sure I even need the Mini any more, and would be curious to know what others do with their Minis once they upgrade.)

Drone technology is absolutely amazing, and it has completely reignited my interest in photography.

Happy Droning, everybody!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

welcome to the forum,the mini comes in handy when you dont want to put your pride and joy into situations where it might get damaged ,i would rather lose my MM than my MPP ,that does not mean i dont look after my MM in the same way as my MPP, but i would be more upset if something happened to my MPP ,the MM was a third of the cost of the MPP and it can do close up restricted area flying, because it is so small and compact, and you dont get lots of sensor bleeping from the obstacle avoidance

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Bloomington here! I just bought the Mavic Mini yesterday and I am still trying to get a feel for the controls. I flew it in the house for about 1 minute, not a good idea! Almost wiped out a grandfather clock! I need to find a large open area somewhere east of my house as I am in a class D controled space so I don't think I am supposed fly here (though I have). Good luck to you!

I just started droning a couple of weeks ago, and I found myself on this site so many times that I figured I might as well join!

I’ve owned a toy drone for several years (a Syma X22) but haven’t flown it much (especially since I lost the battery charger during my recent move). It seemed like drones were quite the thing a few years ago, but more recently, after flying my drone in the park (and right into a tree!), I wondered why I never saw anyone flying drones any more. Were they illegal to fly outdoors now due to new privacy laws?

Then a couple of weeks ago I was visiting my girlfriend in Santa Fe and I saw someone flying their drone at the Rio Grande Gorge. I thought to myself, “wow, he must be getting some incredible shots!” I used to be a photographer, but had lost interest a few years ago.

I looked up the laws and was surprised to find that, with some restrictions, they are entirely legal to fly!

So I ended up getting a Mavic Mini, and the rest is history! I’ve become completely obsessed ever since, and just purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom as well. (I’m not sure I even need the Mini any more, and would be curious to know what others do with their Minis once they upgrade.)

Drone technology is absolutely amazing, and it has completely reignited my interest in photography.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome Falcon! I feel the same way. And the VIDEO! OMG!
I'll have to play with my Mini for awhile before I start thinking of upgrading. Good on ya!
Happy flying

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121