DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Munich!

David E

Reactions
Dear all

Having had a Mavic 2 Pro since Christmas '19, I'm still relatively new to the world of drones.

My primary interest is photography rather than video (see attached). I confess that Lightroom already sucks huge quantities of free time (such as it is), and I can easily see that video production takes this to another level (let alone the storage requirement), so I am not sure how much I will advance in that direction. Nonetheless, the ease of creating clips with the intelligent flight modes is amazing.

One question I'm playing with now is whether to get the RE googles. Reviews are positive, but I also wonder if DJI is planning an upgrade, since they've been out for quite a while. Any news out there?

The freedom offered by these devices is simply stunning, and I confess that the current lock-down is proving rather frustrating....

Looking forward to enjoyable and informative exchanges

Best wishes, and stay healthy,

Attachments

• DJI_0240-Pano.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Dear all

Having had a Mavic 2 Pro since Christmas '19, I'm still relatively new to the world of drones.

My primary interest is photography rather than video (see attached). I confess that Lightroom already sucks huge quantities of free time (such as it is), and I can easily see that video production takes this to another level (let alone the storage requirement), so I am not sure how much I will advance in that direction. Nonetheless, the ease of creating clips with the intelligent flight modes is amazing.

One question I'm playing with now is whether to get the RE googles. Reviews are positive, but I also wonder if DJI is planning an upgrade, since they've been out for quite a while. Any news out there?

The freedom offered by these devices is simply stunning, and I confess that the current lock-down is proving rather frustrating....

Hi David, welcome. Enjoy. Best wishes from nearby in Rosenheim.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I also wonder if DJI is planning an upgrade, since they've been out for quite a while. Any news out there?
I haven't seen anything. They might be getting out of the goggles game due to lack of interest and/or laws that make it harder/impossible to use them.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I haven't seen anything. They might be getting out of the goggles game due to lack of interest and/or laws that make it harder/impossible to use them.
Thanks for that, part of my motive is for my partner to profit more from the flying experience, so I’ll go ahead anyway...

Dear all

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton, Ohio USA. Fly safe and have fun!

Dear all

Hallo David,

I have a Mavic Mini and a Mavic 2 Pro. The rules in Germany seem fairly restrictive on where you can actually fly drones. Where are some places in and around Munich that you fly and what permissions are needed? I plan on visiting in a few months and will probably only take the mini. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Hallo David,

I have a Mavic Mini and a Mavic 2 Pro. The rules in Germany seem fairly restrictive on where you can actually fly drones. Where are some places in and around Munich that you fly and what permissions are needed? I plan on visiting in a few months and will probably only take the mini. Thanks for your help.

Joe
Sorry for the late reply Joe!
My experience is that like most jurisdictions, commons sense plays a big role. Can I actually remember the regulations verbatim? I doubt it. Practically speaking, there is a 100m, so 330' exclusion limit from motorways, main roads, government installations, railways, etc. leaving aside airports which are, of course much more restrictive. Thou shalt not fly over residential areas, and groups of people.

For examples where I have flown, once more than just "trying it out", living on the east side of Munich, I have used the Riemmer Park, the nearby Model Airplane field, and other "green spaces on this side of town. I also like the forest near Keferloh (which has a nice Biergarten, covid-permitting), and this weekend was at Irschenberg, south of Munich. See attached panorama...

If you would like any further input, by all means, drop me another line, and I'll try to get back to you faster!

Cheers, David

Attachments

• Woodstock_DJI_0996-Pano_M.jpg
    Woodstock_DJI_0996-Pano_M.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Steel63 and ATW
Welcome to the forum .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads