DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Northern Vermont

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Soon to be a new Mavic Air owner. I'm looking forward to absorbing a bunch of the good info posted here!
Thanks,
Don
Howdy from Wyoming @donmvt , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots, nice to see another North Country person here. If you look into getting insurance on your Mavic Air, I would recommend Brad Bailey (State Farm) out of Littleton N.H. He is licensed in Vermont and was very helpful and responsive to me, unlike the clown out of Derby Vermont who couldn't be bothered to even call me back. I insured my Mavic Air fly more combo with goggles for $60 a year. I would also suggest getting the DJI Care and flying with propeller guards for the beginning stages of your ownership, just sayin, not that I would know or learned the hard way or nothing. I told ya so from the wife can be damaging to one's ego. :)

Attachments

• 3-20-18-7.JPG
    3-20-18-7.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to Mavic Pilots, nice to see another North Country person here. If you look into getting insurance on your Mavic Air, I would recommend Brad Bailey (State Farm) out of Littleton N.H. He is licensed in Vermont and was very helpful and responsive to me, unlike the clown out of Derby Vermont who couldn't be bothered to even call me back. I insured my Mavic Air fly more combo with goggles for $60 a year. I would also suggest getting the DJI Care and flying with propeller guards for the beginning stages of your ownership, just sayin, not that I would know or learned the hard way or nothing. I told ya so from the wife can be damaging to one's ego. :)

Thanks for the info on insurance. I see a lot of references to State Farm on here. Do other companies offer the insurance or are they the only game in town? On the other subject, I plan on being overly cautious...at least for a while anyway!
Fedex just delivered the Air! Time to charge and update stuff!

I am not sure if there are other companies, from the research I did State Farm seems to be the best option. I opened a stand alone policy as my house and vehicles are already insured with a different agency. I just needed the peace of mind in the event my drone becomes unrecoverable. Congratulations on the arrival of your Air and hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. I woke up to snow covered ground again this morning, that is approximately 7 inches in the last week. I am getting pretty sick of the refrigerator temperatures outside and would really appreciate some warmer climate.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Has all your snow melted yet? You guys sure got a lot of it this winter. Fly safe and have fun!

I am not sure if there are other companies, from the research I did State Farm seems to be the best option. I opened a stand alone policy as my house and vehicles are already insured with a different agency. I just needed the peace of mind in the event my drone becomes unrecoverable. Congratulations on the arrival of your Air and hopefully the weather will cooperate soon. I woke up to snow covered ground again this morning, that is approximately 7 inches in the last week. I am getting pretty sick of the refrigerator temperatures outside and would really appreciate some warmer climate.

Seems like the weather gods heard you! Spring has finally begun, albeit in fits and starts here.
Sorry for the late reply but I've been wrapped up in that pesky making a living stuff!
I will be checking with the State Farm guy you suggested. I appreciate it!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Has all your snow melted yet? You guys sure got a lot of it this winter. Fly safe and have fun!

Yes, the snow is finally melting, and good riddance! I do enjoy winter stuff, but looking forward to some warm sunny weather!

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
After a very nice weekend full of sun and temperatures actually above 40 degrees Fahrenheit, I have probably been lulled into a false sense of hope that spring has finally arrived. My wife and I removed the snow chains and snow thrower attachment from the tractor, and I am having the studded snow tires taken off our vehicles later today. We seem to have some rain forecasted for awhile, but the grass and flowers need that stuff anyway. Safe and happy flying weather permitting! :)

After a very nice weekend full of sun and temperatures actually above 40 degrees Fahrenheit, I have probably been lulled into a false sense of hope that spring has finally arrived. My wife and I removed the snow chains and snow thrower attachment from the tractor, and I am having the studded snow tires taken off our vehicles later today. We seem to have some rain forecasted for awhile, but the grass and flowers need that stuff anyway. Safe and happy flying weather permitting! :)
Yeah, it popped 70 here Sunday/Monday! Can't wait for more!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots