DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings From Northern Virginia

NoVaMavicPilot

Reactions
Greetings All,

So nice to be here. Great group. I am a new MP2 pilot in Northern Virginia and just passed my part 107 test after a week of intensive studying (and reading some helpful threads in this group). I am an amateur photographer and love drone technology and the potential for taking my shots to the next level, even though, frustratingly most of the shots I want to do here in the DC/NoVA, area are either in the DC NFZ or part of NPS real estate. I now have a series of filters and polarizers I can't wait to test for longish exposures at the beach. I've taken my MP2 out for eight flights and haven't experienced any issues. I am flying conservatively for now and really getting to master EVERY aspect of the controls and settings. I plan to get down to the Delaware coast as often as possible because I love visiting and shooting there on land.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings All,

So nice to be here. Great group. I am a new MP2 pilot in Northern Virginia and just passed my part 107 test after a week of intensive studying (and reading some helpful threads in this group). I am an amateur photographer and love drone technology and the potential for taking my shots to the next level, even though, frustratingly most of the shots I want to do here in the DC/NoVA, area are either in the DC NFZ or part of NPS real estate. I now have a series of filters and polarizers I can't wait to test for longish exposures at the beach. I've taken my MP2 out for eight flights and haven't experienced any issues. I am flying conservatively for now and really getting to master EVERY aspect of the controls and settings. I plan to get down to the Delaware coast as often as possible because I love visiting and shooting there onWel

Greetings All,

So nice to be here. Great group. I am a new MP2 pilot in Northern Virginia and just passed my part 107 test after a week of intensive studying (and reading some helpful threads in this group). I am an amateur photographer and love drone technology and the potential for taking my shots to the next level, even though, frustratingly most of the shots I want to do here in the DC/NoVA, area are either in the DC NFZ or part of NPS real estate. I now have a series of filters and polarizers I can't wait to test for longish exposures at the beach. I've taken my MP2 out for eight flights and haven't experienced any issues. I am flying conservatively for now and really getting to master EVERY aspect of the controls and settings. I plan to get down to the Delaware coast as often as possible because I love visiting and shooting there on land.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado. Many years ago we lived in NoVa, in Loudon County in Leesburg. Went back for a quick visit a few years after leaving and couldn't recognize the place. All of the farmland was gone and built up. So many airspace restrictions in that area of the country. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado. Many years ago we lived in NoVa, in Loudon County in Leesburg. Went back for a quick visit a few years after leaving and couldn't recognize the place. All of the farmland was gone and built up. So many airspace restrictions in that area of the country. Happy and safe flying!
Yes, indeed, regarding the restrictions! I am close to Leesburg. As a transplant from California, I consider this area to be far less densely populated. LOL.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Yes, indeed, regarding the restrictions! I am close to Leesburg. As a transplant from California, I consider this area to be far less densely populated. LOL.
Oh I can imagine. I've been to Cali many, many times. Seems as if I'm in the minority when I say this, but I actually like Cali. Granted, I've never lived there but it's a beautiful part of the country where some great drone footage can be captured.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929