DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from San Diego

L.L.

Reactions
Hello everyone! New guy checking in.

I've been lurking for a few weeks researching the Mavic Pro here and the available information is fantastic in detail.

Finally took delivery of it with the Fly More Combo along with a dedicated iPad Mini 4 and DJI Goggles this past Saturday. It is better than I would have ever expected in terms of how well everything works compared to my previous limited experience with practice equipment. Previous to the MP, I had been practicing in simulators then progressed to toy quads (Hubsan X4 and X5C1). The MP is so much easier to fly and, as everyone probably already knows, range, image quality, and stability is awesome.

Even though it's nerve-wracking for a newbie, I try to push the limits in terms of distance every time the MP takes off to get acclimated in flying longer distances. I look forward to learning new tips and tricks from the experts here and sharing/contributing where I can.

Thanks.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: L.L.

I've been lurking for a few weeks researching the Mavic Pro here and the available information is fantastic in detail.

Finally took delivery of it with the Fly More Combo along with a dedicated iPad Mini 4 and DJI Goggles this past Saturday. It is better than I would have ever expected in terms of how well everything works compared to my previous limited experience with practice equipment. Previous to the MP, I had been practicing in simulators then progressed to toy quads (Hubsan X4 and X5C1). The MP is so much easier to fly and, as everyone probably already knows, range, image quality, and stability is awesome.

Even though it's nerve-wracking for a newbie, I try to push the limits in terms of distance every time the MP takes off to get acclimated in flying longer distances. I look forward to learning new tips and tricks from the experts here and sharing/contributing where I can.

Thanks.
Howdy from Wyoming L.L., welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Yes I'm. Is a month enough time to become a decent pilot?

As a fellow newbie, I don't consider my expert so please take my limited experience with a grain of salt as I am still learning. Hopefully other experienced pilots can chime in to fill in areas where I might lack experience or be incorrect in my current understanding.

A month might be enough time to be "decent" which, to me, means flying safely and not injuring anyone or destroying the Mavic.

The short summary is that it really depends on previous experience with other types of RC. If previous experience was via practice with other types of RC that were more difficult to fly/hover, then I'd say it'll be painless to become a decent pilot with the Mavic since it is VERY easy to fly in comparison to others that I've tried.

Back to the "month" timeline -- Previous to the the Mavic, I spent a lot of time (crammed into a month's time frame) with two toy quads along with various other virtual drones in the RealFlight Drone Simulator flying various types of situations and scenarios to understand the differences and challenges. I felt that combined experience made a difference in getting up to speed quickly because all of the crashes and mistakes came with the $40-50 toy quads and in the simulator versus crashing the Mavic. There are still weak areas where I could use some practice, of course, and that'll come with more flying experience and guidance from peers and experts.

Most importantly, using common sense and abiding by all safety guidelines will go a long ways towards becoming a decent pilot and beyond.

Reactions: avalera

Even though it's nerve-wracking for a newbie, I try to push the limits in terms of distance every time the MP takes off to get acclimated in flying longer distances. I look forward to learning new tips and tricks from

Welcome I'm also a newbie pilot in San Diego and I would love to to get together with a few pilots around the area to share experiences.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S