DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Singapore

arranH

Reactions
Hi All

A new complete novice pilot from Singapore.

Had my first flight as of Saturday (3 batteries) and I can see why its so easy to:

1. get carried away and really do more than you likely should...

and

2. why its so addictive.

Havent scratched the surface of the forum yet, but I'll be checking out all of the suggestions for camera settings as I did not really do any justice to the footage I recorded.

The other thing is I only had one glitch in the flight when I dropped it into Tripod mode for my sone to have a go.. and it lost connection instantly to the RC. All good continued to hover where it was, and actually even though it said not connected the Mavic responsed to the joystick and I just landed manually.

Only concern is whether its the kind of glitch where on an island surrounded by sea.. it ends up flying off (Gulp)

Anway, done some reading on the firum and what i do like is you dont seem to have to wear a flameproof jacket here, something you dont see on many social media sites sadly anymore.

Hope to contribute in "some way" and Hi!

Best
Arran

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

The field next to Marina Barrage... I found a link that has about 4 or 5 places (although the ones at Tanjong Rhu I think have been built on now)

Early morning before the kite flyers and kids arrive seems to be the best option.

I noted that the Mavic will say if you are in a "no fly zone" for Singapore.. seems to be very smart LOL

p.s. there was a Mavic and a Spark there at the same time..

Last edited:
Hi All

Had my first flight as of Saturday (3 batteries) and I can see why its so easy to:

and

2. why its so addictive.

Havent scratched the surface of the forum yet, but I'll be checking out all of the suggestions for camera settings as I did not really do any justice to the footage I recorded.

The other thing is I only had one glitch in the flight when I dropped it into Tripod mode for my sone to have a go.. and it lost connection instantly to the RC. All good continued to hover where it was, and actually even though it said not connected the Mavic responsed to the joystick and I just landed manually.

Only concern is whether its the kind of glitch where on an island surrounded by sea.. it ends up flying off (Gulp)

Anway, done some reading on the firum and what i do like is you dont seem to have to wear a flameproof jacket here, something you dont see on many social media sites sadly anymore.

Best
Arran
Howdy from Wyoming @arranH , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: deltawebs
Hi All

and

2. why its so addictive.

Best
Arran
Hello!
We are a group of JC 1 students from Temasek Junior College.
We would like to conduct a survey for the purpose of our Project Work (PW) topic on the use of small drones in Singapore.
We would like to gather information and opinions from drone users in Singapore to integrate them into our written report.
If you are willing to help us, please click on this link: Understanding the use of UAVs in Singapore
We appreciate your response, thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929