DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from South Africa

skunky1

Reactions
Hello everyone. I'm a new pilot from Durban in South Africa.

I was curious about drones and so I purchased a tello with a controller. After 3 flights I was convinced that this hobby was for me.
I had my eye on a Air 2 then I found a good deal on Mavic 2 Pro so I went for that.

Im not a photographer or videographer so be patient with my posts.

I may ask alot of noob questions so please bear with me also.

Is there anyone else here from SA?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hello everyone. I'm a new pilot from Durban in South Africa.

I was curious about drones and so I purchased a tello with a controller. After 3 flights I was convinced that this hobby was for me.
I had my eye on a Air 2 then I found a good deal on Mavic 2 Pro so I went for that.

I may ask alot of noob questions so please bear with me also.

Is there anyone else here from SA?

Welcome to the Mavic Family

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Welcome to the forum! I would think that with your M2P, you’re now both a photographer and videographer.

Safe and happy flying to you!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome Bjorn. Also PTA side been fltting mavics for the past 3 years
Welcome @skunky1 also a relatively new pilot here from South Africa, PTA side.

Hope you have a many wonderful hours with your MP2. I have seen some beautiful footage from the coast, so I am sure you will be up and running and wowing us soon.

Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Welcome to our forum, Skunky, from Hauptmann in Texas, USA.

Heck, yeah, we have members in SA, mostly from Capetown, I think. You'll find that the M2P almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone
. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from a Chicago the Windy City. Just a note about RTH, there are 3 choices, you have. Low battery is a different scenario. When the mavric detects it only has enough power to make it back to the home point, the low battery RTH will be initiated and a message will be displayed on the screen in DJI go 4 app to alert you that your Mavic is going to Auto RTH in 10 seconds. If you don,t cancel that procedure from the screen, in DJI Go, your Mavic will start returning home. Let’s say for some reason you want to cancel that process, by either pressing the RTH button on your RC or by canceling it or disable “Smart RTH setting”
Please, practice this in a wide open space, to make sure it works. One pilot, was flying to low and his aircraft ran into a tall building , because he forgot to change the altitude on return home. Just trying to spare you future headaches, please do your research on which of the 3 RTH works best for you. Please fly safe.

Hi Skunky.

Im based in Cape Town.

Fly and love DJI Mavic Mini and Mini 2 now. Awesome hobby and so many options to evolve over time. Keep in touch!

Adam

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom