DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from South Florida

OZ757

Reactions
Good morning,
I fly the Mavic Pro. I do a lot of flying over the Everglades and beach areas of South Florida though many areas are restricted for various reasons (TFR's and airspace restrictions)

I am a professional pilot, thus I get to travel a lot and carry my Mavic whenever I can.

Looking forward to learning from you all!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function if an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Good morning,
I fly the Mavic Pro. I do a lot of flying over the Everglades and beach areas of South Florida though many areas are restricted for various reasons (TFR's and airspace restrictions)

I am a professional pilot, thus I get to travel a lot and carry my Mavic whenever I can.

Sorry to bore our world-wide readers with this, but I am also from South Florida (Coral Gables). Could you mention some of the areas where you are flying? I am running out of places to fly! I've flown from Tamiami Trail near the park entrance to the other side of the road. It's a very long drive. Also, have filmed a lot at Fairchild Gardens, South Point Promenade, but there are not too many areas around here that are open. Afraid to fly among the tall buildings. Have done some nice flights from pier at Bayside.

Sorry to bore our world-wide readers with this, but I am also from South Florida (Coral Gables). Could you mention some of the areas where you are flying? I am running out of places to fly! I've flown from Tamiami Trail near the park entrance to the other side of the road. It's a very long drive. Also, have filmed a lot at Fairchild Gardens, South Point Promenade, but there are not too many areas around here that are open. Afraid to fly among the tall buildings. Have done some nice flights from pier at Bayside.

This is my link to Vimeo. You will find several South Florida and Miami videos here and it might give you an idea of where you might want to fly. Best of luck.

Good morning,

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B

This is my link to Vimeo. You will find several South Florida and Miami videos here and it might give you an idea of where you might want to fly. Best of luck.
I live in Wellington but looking to fly my mini around lake worth beach and air maps show it as open. Are you aware of any restrictions / rules re flying around Lake Worth beach area? Thanks for an input

I live in Wellington but looking to fly my mini around lake worth beach and air maps show it as open. Are you aware of any restrictions / rules re flying around Lake Worth beach area? Thanks for an input
Sorry- wish I could be more helpful. I've never been there. Best thing is to assess it very carefully yourself in view of the rules, check it out with Airmap. Try a short flight just a bit along the shoreline where there is not much population and not too high. That is how I wold approach it.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. We are located in South Florida as well (Fort Myers) feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions regarding your Mavic. Or feel free to stop by our retail store if you are in the area, we are at 16335 S. Tamiami Tr. Fort Myers, FL. As far as good places to fly in South Florida, Sanibel Island is a great spot and is always very drone friendly, you can get great shots of the beaches and the lighthouse.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000