DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the Coast of Oregon. (Newport)

DaveR1977

Reactions
Hello,

New to the forum, and relatively new to the 107 community.

If you find yourself coming to the Newport area, and need a V.O., or just want a fellow drone enthusiast to show you around, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

David

NewportBayFront-.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America DaveR1977

Nice to meet you David. 🤝

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello,

If you find yourself coming to the Newport area, and need a V.O., or just want a fellow drone enthusiast to show you around, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

David

View attachment 159263

Will do David! ;-) T

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Happy and Safe Droning…

Hello,

Regards,

David

View attachment 159263
Hi David

We camp at South Beach every summer. Can you advise what the flight restrictions are around there? We live in,and in Dallas.

Thanks
Bryan

Your offer sparked an idea. Last year I went to Germany and Austria (I live in Minnesota, USA). A person on this forum, very familiar with those countries, offered to help me with places to fly and friends in those countries to reach out to. It was very helpful.
Last fall I needed to shoot aa job in South Dakota. I met a pilot there who I learned a lot from and I helped him as well.
This forum could set up another forum/database of folks willing to help like other like-minded pilots/photographers like DaveR1977.

Admin, discuss this amongst yourselves. Consider it.

This forum could set up another forum/database of folks willing to help like other like-minded pilots/photographers like DaveR1977. Admin, discuss this amongst yourselves. Consider it.
As an old Computer programmer, I've had to set up innumerable databases over the years. The most exasperating aspect is the total lack of specifics. Such as what records should be maintained, names, addresses, qualifications (aerial mapping and inspections, thermal, FEMA Training, etc…), specialties (real-estate, construction, mapping, agriculture, etc…), types of drones, and so much more… I could go on but I would put that monkey on your back.

Why don't you put together a Survey to ask the membership if they would even be interested in participating in such a venture…

Then you probably should consider the legal consequences of such a proposal, would this be all for "Fun-Flys" or would it also or only cover commercial work?

Then if there is enough interest and there are no insurmountable legal or contractual hurdles, draft up your proposal for the Administration and Moderators to consider. Remember, they would be the ones with the maintenance of such an endeavor.

Or, you could create your own Web Site where you would maintain and control the web site for betterment and fulfillment of Drone Flying Everywhere…

Reactions: DaveR1977
Hello,

Regards,

David

View attachment 159263
Welcome from a Portland droner. The extended family used to have a weekend place in Waldport, but it’s been a while now since we’ve been to that part of the coast.

Beautiful cover shot in your post! Nicely done.

Hi David

We camp at South Beach every summer. Can you advise what the flight restrictions are around there? We live in,and in Dallas.

Thanks
Bryan
Screenshot_(40).jpg
Thanks for the reply. South Beach itself is pretty much an "NFZ". All of Newport is located in Class E airspace. You can however get LAANC authorization to 100 feet around the Bayfront and Bridge. Just be aware of the Coast Guard and Life-flight helos that can come directly into the airspace in a heartbeat. AirMap can give you a detailed look at the airspace.

Cheers!

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Happy and Safe Droning…
Will do, Thanks

Reactions: LoudThunder
All of Newport is located in Class E airspace.
I guess you didn't notice the biggo Controled Class D Airspace that requires an FAADroneZone Authorization to fly in... With the best area inside a Zero Maximum Altitude Flight Quadrant (You know, a Drone Taxi Zone...)

Screenshot_20230110-143307_DroneUp.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest