DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the UAE.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America SteveRyan72.

Nice to meet you Steve. ?

Your story sounds like mine, Spark pilot since 2017 and upgraded to the MA2 last year.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi All, from the sunny United Arab Emirates.

Been flying for a few years now, originally on a Spark but recently upgraded to the Mavic Air 2 (if I had waited 3 weeks I would have picked up the Air 2S…oh well).

Looking forward to learning a few things while I’m here.

Cheers!

Steve
You are just the person I would love to ask....

Was considering photography trip to UAE last year (December 2020) but the pandemic canceled it. During that time, I spent MONTHS writing to UAE in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to get flying permit. I ran into nothing but beaurocratic
rigamarole for months and finally gave up. I read that flying without permit risked $$$ thousands in fines and jail terms! Yikes. What is the story with REPAS permits there?

Dale
Miami

Greetings!

Was considering photography trip to UAE last year (December 2020) but the pandemic canceled it. During that time, I spent MONTHS writing to UAE in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to get flying permit. I ran into nothing but beaurocratic
rigamarole for months and finally gave up. I read that flying without permit risked $$$ thousands in fines and jail terms! Yikes. What is the story with REPAS permits there?

Dale
Miami
I never received a reply to this question. Please tell me about how to go about getting REPAS permit for Toryism and recreation only in UAE.

Dale

Reactions: Steel63
Hi All, from the sunny United Arab Emirates.

Been flying for a few years now, originally on a Spark but recently upgraded to the Mavic Air 2 (if I had waited 3 weeks I would have picked up the Air 2S…oh well).

Looking forward to learning a few things while I’m here.

Cheers!

Steve
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale,

we need a permit out here, which goes through the GCAA. I will find you a link and message you. To be honest most of the country is pretty restricted for flying though some of the very nice areas are still available to fly.

Generally with photography in mind always be careful what you point your camera at, a lot of people have spent time behind bars for something as simple as plane spotting!

I will dig out some links and am happy to answer any other questions.

steve

Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme