DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Tokyo

MarGeta

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm a Swed living in Tokyo who recently got into this Drone business. I have only been playing around with a toy drone so far but looking into getting more proper ones.

However, the more I look into it is starting to feel like it is absolutely impossible to fly the drone anywhere at all without risking bumping into some local restriction even outside of the Tokyo no fly zone. Anyone living close with any luck in flying around the Tokyo area?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavicpilots, 'neighbour' ! ;-) Are you in the wards ? Setagaya-ku here. Sadly, not really a lot of possibilities for us to fly around. Most of it is red-zoned, and what is not, is subject to local restrictions anyway. Best bet is to go around Fuji i guess (what i did) for short day-trips, except that, even the coasts, dams, mounts, all got drone banned in the last 2-3 years. Drone scene in Tokyo seem to be mostly indoor for those speed competions in hangars. Feel free to contact me through PM if you have time, maybe we could organize some day trip somewhere and chat a bit. Good luck !

Hello from the Crossroads of America MarGeta.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings!

welcome - in the same boat. Very hard to find a place to fly in Tokyo. I'm in Setagaya and will have to plan some day trips out of town to get some flying done. I took my Air 2S with me to Hokkaido on a recent trip but got rained out the whole time. I did fly in Okutama along the river (which was very cool) but found out later that was probably off limits. I'm thinking of another trip to Chiba along the coast and will see how that goes. Around Ichinomiya where the Olympic surfing takes place.

I'd like to start capturing some good places to go where people have had success. It seems easier to find where you can't fly vs. where you can. Had my drone for 2 months now with only one successful flight :(

Hi All,

I'm a Swed living in Tokyo who recently got into this Drone business. I have only been playing around with a toy drone so far but looking into getting more proper ones.

However, the more I look into it is starting to feel like it is absolutely impossible to fly the drone anywhere at all without risking bumping into some local restriction even outside of the Tokyo no fly zone. Anyone living close with any luck in flying around the Tokyo area?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3