DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ground sleep/standby mode

JohnNokomis

Reactions
I'm wondering if there's is such thing as a ground mode that doesn't use much battery. I don't know how to word it so searching for a related topic isn't an easy fine. I'll try to explain...

I would like to have the drone on and ready to fly in the bed of my truck. Then walk inside a building with the remote, go up several floors and then when I have VLOS from a window (~60' higher) tell the drone to lift off. This scenario is work related where I'd like to avoid walking in and through the building with the drone itself.

While it is possible to do now, it uses a lot of battery just sitting still on the ground. I'm wondering if there's any way to conserve power while it's just sitting still waiting on the take off command.

I'm wondering if there's is such thing as a ground mode that doesn't use much battery. I don't know how to word it so searching for a related topic isn't an easy fine. I'll try to explain...

I would like to have the drone on and ready to fly in the bed of my truck. Then walk inside a building with the remote, go up several floors and then when I have VLOS from a window (~60' higher) tell the drone to lift off. This scenario is work related where I'd like to avoid walking in and through the building with the drone itself.

While it is possible to do now, it uses a lot of battery just sitting still on the ground. I'm wondering if there's any way to conserve power while it's just sitting still waiting on the take off command.
I totally agree that there should be a ground mode, but as far as I know, there isn’t. Maybe you could have someone next to the drone and turn it on right before you takeoff?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair