DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grounded

alopeznj

Reactions
Hi. Grounded. Hit a COVID-19 at 350 FT. No damage to drone but COVID chopped up.

Kidding aside, I do have a question. Is there a way that when I record Flying the video will have a Stamp. In other words.
I would like my video to include flight info . Like ... Hight , Compass . Much like home security displays info on the video.

MAV Pro
Be safe fellow Pilots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Hi. Grounded. Hit a COVID-19 at 350 FT. No damage to drone but COVID chopped up.

Kidding aside, I do have a question. Is there a way that when I record Flying the video will have a Stamp. In other words.
I would like my video to include flight info . Like ... Hight , Compass . Much like home security displays info on the video.

MAV Pro
Be safe fellow Pilots.
I think you’d have to do a screen capture of you controlling device. Maybe others will chime in with other solutions.

Note taken. I assume there is no native setting or App that can do this. Guess I can live without it. As you said, lets see if another Pilot has a solution, But I rather keep ot simple. No means No.
Simple as that.

Reactions: old man mavic
No there is not.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

As Thomas B stated if your device (phone, tablet) has screen recording capabilities, that is one way to have all the info you see on your device captured. However it won’t be captured on the drone’s sd card only on your device.
Safe flying

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of feedback, advice, and support. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

The only way to get it on your SD video is in post production. As in post #3. Good luck. I am going to try it as well.
It’s free! Check out the videos on the site. Lots of screen information available, including battery level.

You’re going to process your video anyhow, may as well add the telemetry as well.

Reactions: Drone Master
Got it Pilots. Thanks for your help. New challenge is SD card stuck in drone. I upgraded the Memory card and the factory card is stuck in Drone. Solution...

There are many youtube vids, but overkill. I used a thumb tack , pry from the side CAREFULLY and chip is out. Seems common with new drones (Mav Pro) need help I would be happy to assist.

Also Pilots. If I am posting in the wrong place, beat me up.

MAV Pro
Be safe fellow Pilots.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Sounds like you may want to try a dashboard overlay LIKE THIS. It isn't free but it uses the .srt file to make the telemetry overlay on your video. One down-side of this one is it requires Adobe After Effects to process your video. There are several other programs out there that do similar overlays though. In response to your question about the SD card being stuck, many times you can remove it with tweezers or needle nose pliers. If not you can always plug the USB cable into your drone, turn your drone on and plug the other end of the USB into your computer, it will show up like a memory card reader would. Fly safe and have fun!

I used Dashware for this -
and designed my own Layouts -

There are simpler Ones... for Just Basic stuff...
But I wanted the Whole Panel for mine...

MUST VIEW in HD

I have used virtually all sensors for this telemetry example.
including some animations (eye, two drones)
... also created the Joysticks ... which reflect the Stick attitudes of the RC...

Its fun to do ... But takes some time...
Once your Panels are setup - ... You can re-use them in all flights (if you really want to)

Oh and Dashware is free -
(if you can still find the original package) :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: alopeznj
I used Dashware for this -
and designed my own Layouts -

There are simpler Ones... for Just Basic stuff...
But I wanted the Whole Panel for mine...

MUST VIEW in HD

I have used virtually all sensors for this telemetry example.
including some animations (eye, two drones)
... also created the Joysticks ... which reflect the Stick attitudes of the RC...

Its fun to do ... But takes some time...
Once your Panels are setup - ... You can re-use them in all flights (if you really want to)

Oh and Dashware is free -
(if you can still find the original package) :cool:
This is NICE Rock. I'll play with it. Thanks.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Sounds like you may want to try a dashboard overlay LIKE THIS. It isn't free but it uses the .srt file to make the telemetry overlay on your video. One down-side of this one is it requires Adobe After Effects to process your video. There are several other programs out there that do similar overlays though. In response to your question about the SD card being stuck, many times you can remove it with tweezers or needle nose pliers. If not you can always plug the USB cable into your drone, turn your drone on and plug the other end of the USB into your computer, it will show up like a memory card reader would. Fly safe and have fun!
Love the hat. but at this rate the Drone is costing more than my car.

Thanks, will certainly look into this. One more question. DJI4 settings (like pitch, yaw, gimble) are they stored on the mobile device or the aircraft.
If on Mobile device which I assume, that would mean when I switch from Ipad to Iphone, I have to re-do those adjustment.
I prob answered my own question but if anyone can confirm... Appreciated.

Thanks, will certainly look into this. One more question. DJI4 settings (like pitch, yaw, gimble) are they stored on the mobile device or the aircraft.
If on Mobile device which I assume, that would mean when I switch from Ipad to Iphone, I have to re-do those adjustment.
I prob answered my own question but if anyone can confirm... Appreciated.
TO be honest Im not exactly Sure.
Floored on this Question.
---
My understanding is the drone records from its sensors the data... and transfers this Data sequentially to the App.
Dji Go 4 has a section for Logs -????.txt and ???.dat (encrypted) - Needs the decrypter on PhantomPilots to decode
Litchi also stores its own LOG - ????.csv

The Detailed Log of Each Flight - is Recorded Uniquely per app. DJI (?.txt, ?.dat) records far more data than Litchi. (?.csv)
However Dashware requires a standard format. (Usually csv - and you teach Dashware what data is used for what) - Once taught, you can use your TEMPLATE over and Over.
So you may require different templates per app.

It May be useful to ask the experts if the Drone Log (im sure theres one - on the drone) can be used as a Master template - then the app logs wouldnt be necessary - no matter which Phone (Android, Iphone etc) , or App is used.

A Guy who knows and uses these Logs a Lot for Drone Recovery is sar104

... there also may be other experts (MavicPilots) on this.... dirkclod ,Thomas B , msinger -

Hope this helps

Regards Rob

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun