DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GS Pro Varying elevation?

Darryl

Reactions
I’m going to be hiking and flying a mission in the Rocky Mountains in a couple days and am wondering what gs pro is going to do for altitudes? In the newest version it shoes various altitudes now in the flight plan as you can see in the screenshot. I know that it uses take off altitude as your base alititude but is gs pro going to do varying terrain or do a flat grid flight? If it does a flat grid flight then I’m worried about it running into the side of the mountain. Thoughts or suggestions? We can hike up to higher point and launch it so it’ll clear all terrain but then the lower valley will be less resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 15
I’m going to be hiking and flying a mission in the Rocky Mountains in a couple days and am wondering what gs pro is going to do for altitudes? In the newest version it shoes various altitudes now in the flight plan as you can see in the screenshot. I know that it uses take off altitude as your base alititude but is gs pro going to do varying terrain or do a flat grid flight? If it does a flat grid flight then I’m worried about it running into the side of the mountain. Thoughts or suggestions? We can hike up to higher point and launch it so it’ll clear all terrain but then the lower valley will be less resolution.
GSPro fly its waypoint missions always in a simple, horizontal flat grid pattern relative to your take off location.
The numbers you see in the screenshot indicating the distance between waypoints and not height.

Mapping in terrain with elevation changes involves prior scouting and environment checking beforehand to avoid crashing into hillsides or obstacles like antennas.

Use MapsMadeEasy (MME) app to fly in such an environment instead of GSPro. MME has terrain awareness builtin.
I suggest using the paid version of MME instead of the free, limited version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143