DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GS Pro Waypoint Actions Question

Dronemark

Reactions
I'm new to the waypoint actions in GS Pro. I want to fly a mission where at each waypoint, the drone stops, captures a photo at its current heading, then rotates 5 degrees in one direction, captures a photo, then rotates 5 degrees in the other direction and captures another photo.

My question is: Using the Aircraft Rotation waypoint action, if I set the aircraft rotation to 5°, will it rotate 5° from the heading the drone is at when it arrives at each waypoint, or will it rotate to a 5° heading based on 0° North? So for example, if the drone arrives at a waypoint with a heading of 95°, do I set the aircraft rotations to 100° and 90° in order to get my 5 degree rotation in each direction, or do I set the rotations to 5° and -5° ?

There are a lot of points at different headings on this mission so I would prefer to set the rotation action for just one point and then propagate it to all the others. Are there any other options?
And for various reasons, I have to fly this mission using GS Pro so Litchi or others are not an option.

if I set the aircraft rotation to 5°, will it rotate 5° from the heading the drone is at when it arrives at each waypoint, or will it rotate to a 5° heading based on 0° North?
The aircraft will rotate to 5° based on 0° North.

So for example, if the drone arrives at a waypoint with a heading of 95°, do I set the aircraft rotations to 100° and 90°
Then the images will be shot like this:
GSPro95.png

or do I set the rotations to 5° and -5° ?
Then your images will be shot like this:
GSPro5.png
I would prefer to set the rotation action for just one point and then propagate it to all the others
That's not possible. Each waypoint action has to be set individually for 'Each Point' in GSPro.
(You can only set the aircraft heading to 'Defined per Point' or 'Course Aligned' or 'Manual' globally)

Reactions: Dronemark

View attachment 96349

View attachment 96350

That's not possible. Each waypoint action has to be set individually for 'Each Point' in GSPro.
(You can only set the aircraft heading to 'Defined per Point' or 'Course Aligned' or 'Manual' globally)

View attachment 96349

View attachment 96350

Thanks for clearing that up. What I want to do is illustrated in your first example- at each point capture 3 images that are just 5 degrees offset from each other. It seems like this would be easy to incorporate as a global feature as it's basically like creating a mini panorama. On a mission with 50+ waypoints it gets a bit tedious.

It seems like this would be easy to incorporate as a global feature
Yes, but as this is a DJI product that has not been upgraded with useful features in the last years, you have to deal with the shortcomings ...
I am using GS Pro a lot, but sometimes you have switch the tools to be efficient.
In your specific case, Dronelink would be perfect - but as you said, you have to stick with GS Pro.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121