DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guard Darnit...

DJayI

Reactions
Three or four times I have powered on the Mini 2 while the gimbal cover is in place, binding the gimbal. I do not know what, if any, sort of potential electronic or physical damage or wear may result from that mistake. While I have done it 3 or 4 times, I have almost done it a dozen more times. I am a relatively new M2 owner and I assume I will quit making that mistake over time. My solution until that time arrives, is a power switch cover that is attached to the gimbal cover. When the gimbal cover is in place, I cannot activate the switch.

Using Acetate type packaging material, a thin, often clear, semi-rigid plastic sheet about .3mm thick(varies), I cut an appropriate shape and added a bend to give it a little structural rigidity.

3M double-sided cello tape adheres the power switch cover to the gimbal guard.
GuardDarnitReminder.gif

Last edited:
Yes, previously I had seen another where someone's friend made them a "Remove Before Flight" ribbon, like full scale aircraft use. Much higher "cool" factor with one of those.

I always carry a pre-flight checklist in my bag, worth carrying out every time.

You could print this one off, it might help you......

As a former student pilot, I understand the importance of preflight. I am trying to improve my discipline about that. Always a good idea before leaving the ground. So far I have only flown out of my yard and that promotes my excuse making. I will improve, but yours is good advice.

This was circulated from Stewart Carroll at Drone Film Guide, he is an excellent resource.
I always carry a print-out of his pre-flight checklist in my bag.

Hope this helps.......

Attachments

• Pre-flight_Checklist_compressed.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 36
This was circulated from Stewart Carroll at Drone Film Guide, he is an excellent resource.
I always carry a print-out of his pre-flight checklist in my bag.

Hope this helps.......
I am glad to see I was not the only one that stumbled across his check list.

Reactions: Chris Rees
Easy Peasy, reminds me every time I pick it up! Scotch tape and a piece of ribbon.. cost $0

IMG_4620.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: The Sky Monkey
We have a 4 inch length of blue electrical tape stuck on the gimbal guard (although we've never once forgotten to take off the gimbal guard from either the P4P+ or Mini 2). You can't miss it. That said, a trained brain is the best safeguard. Use both and you're sorted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000