DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guiness Book of World Records Attempt in DFW this saturday

Sparrk

Reactions
I'm a little surprised this didn't come up in the search as having been previously posted here. The North Texas Drone User Group is organizing an attempt to have "the most Human controlled drones in the air" on Saturday June 8th in Grand Prairie, TX (link). The weather looks good so I am planning to join in.

If I had a drone that I was fond of I would leave it at home and bring my beater drone for this one. There's likely to be a crash with 60 or more drones flying a pattern, plus they want FPV turned off. Interested to hear how it goes.

I bought this drone to do interesting things. This falls into that category. So many things could go wrong.... who wouldn't want to be there to witness that? If it goes as planned..... who wouldn't want to be there for that? Take risks, fail often.... limit repeating failures, but don't fear those either.

Reactions: MisterMavic
There were over 70 drones in the air during two flights and no incidents. A few people had signal interference issues, but not severe enough to crash or ground them. The best part of this for me was seeing what everybody is flying and meeting a diverse group of pilots. You'll have to forgive the video quality, I'm new at this.

How far apart were the participants? 70 and no mishaps is pretty good.

This is incredible for preprogrammed multi drone stuff.

How far apart were the participants? 70 and no mishaps is pretty good.

This is incredible for preprogrammed multi drone stuff.

It was about 10-15 feet apart at launch, and launch was loosely synchronized, so there was room to allow your neighbor to get airborne before you headed up. Then we had a fair amount of variety in altitude and position. I was more surprised that the Mavic did't have any issues with signal with all of the other DJI and other systems working around it. I remember the old school RC days when you managed frequencies at events.

Well the spread spectrum technology that radios use is pretty good but its nice to find out for real that its not just talk and that many drones RC crafts can fly without any interference.

Well the spread spectrum technology that radios use is pretty good but its nice to find out for real that its not just talk and that many drones RC crafts can fly without any interference.
The first step was to risk it and try. The next step will be for some other group to go for the win, and then for those and the rest to push it to the limits, wherever that ends up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143