DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

H264 or H265

SnowSkier

Reactions
Hi there,

I'm a noob with drones.
I've made a half a dozen videos and I have some doubts about H264 or H265.
When I' using H265 I can take photos with JPEG and RAW. But, When I'm using H264 I just can take JPEG's. Any explanation about this?
On the other hand, when I'm filming using the quickshots mode, every clip is filmed in H264. In H265 that is not happening...

Am I right and that's true or there is some missing information from me?

I apreciate your comments.

Thank You

H264 and H265 are video formats. JPEG and RAW are still photo formats.

Yes, I know that!

But when I'm taking photos, if I have H265 active, the photos are in JPEG and RAW. And if I have H264 active, photos are in JPEG only.
That's why I've asked. Maybe I didn't check the menu.

Yes, I know that!

But when I'm taking photos, if I have H265 active, the photos are in JPEG and RAW. And if I have H264 active, photos are in JPEG only.
That's why I've asked. Maybe I didn't check the menu.

Make sure you are in video mode when you are looking at video settings and camera mode when checking photo settings. I bet you are seeing the settings to take a still frame when shooting a video in which case RAW won’t be an option. DNGs(raws) can’t be harvested from a compressed video format.

Reactions: Kilrah
Fellas, I think he's saying that he pulls stills out of video footage. When he shoots in H265 he can pull raw stills but in H264 he only gets jpeg. This is a guess. I could try it but I only shoot in H265. It makes sense considering that both raw and H265 Dlog-m use more data that may not be present in h265.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett