DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had my first troll encounter.

Howcroft22

Reactions
i often come to a pond near my house after work to test different filters and just practice flying in a wide open area. Today I was hovering at about 20 feet over an igloo some kids had previously made. No one was in it when I was filming. Anyways, some old wrinkled troll came walking out of the house ripping cigarettes and walked up about 2 feet in front of me and whipped out a camera and took my picture. I actually took my sunglasses off and waved and smiled for the camera. I thought she was a photographer wanting to talk about it with me. But she said she doesn’t appreciate me taking Pictures over her house. Which I never did. If you saw this wrinkled prune of a witch you would understand. After she showed me which house she lives in then I remembered who she was. Being an avid bass fisherman I frequent all the ponds around where I live and my bass boat. I remember back in the day her always flipping out on everyone who fished near her house. And calling the cops constantly on people for fishing too close to her house. She even made up a story saying to the cops that a friend of mine hit her dock at 80 mph. Which is ludicrous if he hit her dock going that fast which the boat could not even do, it would be in tiny pieces. Not to mention even a boat that could travel even close to that fast would never get going that fast on this tiny pond. Anyway I was hoping she would call the cops because I know they remember who she is and they used to always tell her not to call them anymore after they realized she was a complete *********** I kept my cool and just pick my stuff up and walked away and she went out into the parking lot asking everyone if they knew which vehicle was mine taking pictures of all the vehicles in the parking lot. When she first started her crap I wanted to show her on my tablet and prove that I wasn’t taking pictures of her or her house and even if I wanted to I would have to be so close to even see anything. But she already had her mind made up before she even walked up to me. I could smell the alcohol on her and it was before noon time. She had a bonfire going at her house and I could see her standing there after ranting and raving. I just left after. I probably won’t be going there anymore. There are 2 reasons I stopped fishing there and she was one of them. There is always one of those people no matter where you gonna should have turned on the video cam and got her acting like a disgusting slob. But I didn’t. Next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. So I moved on to a big farm with an ice cream stand at a state park. This is in the middle of yuppieville. One of the wealthiest towns in MA and I just had two different people walk up and ask me about the drone. They were just fascinated by and and were very friendly. I just spoke with one guy for a good half and hour. I’d expect to run into a rude stick up person here before I would at the pond a couple towns over. But I guess you never know. Glad to see some people are t totally close minded about UAV’s. Even if you don’t like them you don’t have to start an argument. Anyways. I’m getting some good footage. Learning a lot. Videos soon to come. Here’s the first quick clip I made that I thought came out the way I’d like them all to look like.

Let me know if I could do anything to make it look better. I’m open to suggestions.

Knows from numerous fishing trips that the woman is a problem. Decides to fly his drone by the womans place anyway. Is surprised when the woman confronts him.
Somehow drone escapes being thrown into the pond. I'd say that was a win.

You need to carry a bunch of those tiny liquor bottles with you next time and when she shows up just scatter them all about like bread crumbs for the pigeons. That will keep her busy.

like a previous post about these nut bag people if it had been me they be dragging the lake for her body at the moment .. there the exact kind of people who put out a bad name and then the stories get crazy as in from he was flying a drone to he was performing a devil worship while floating around the fields. crazy people

Reactions: Howcroft22
You need to carry a bunch of those tiny liquor bottles with you next time and when she shows up just scatter them all about like bread crumbs for the pigeons. That will keep her busy.

Lol. Yeah those little bottles of booze and cigarettes. Scatter them all over the ground she’ll think it’s Christmas. Maybe she’ll get even more drunk and pass out. The neighbors would probably think me so they didn’t have to listen to her for the day.

..... and use Mavic to spot them so she can appreciate the usefulness of this thing.

Reactions: Howcroft22
i often come to a pond near my house after work to test different filters and just practice flying in a wide open area. Today I was hovering at about 20 feet over an igloo some kids had previously made. No one was in it when I was filming. Anyways, some old wrinkled troll came walking out of the house ripping cigarettes and walked up about 2 feet in front of me and whipped out a camera and took my picture. I actually took my sunglasses off and waved and smiled for the camera. I thought she was a photographer wanting to talk about it with me. But she said she doesn’t appreciate me taking Pictures over her house. Which I never did. If you saw this wrinkled prune of a witch you would understand. After she showed me which house she lives in then I remembered who she was. Being an avid bass fisherman I frequent all the ponds around where I live and my bass boat. I remember back in the day her always flipping out on everyone who fished near her house. And calling the cops constantly on people for fishing too close to her house. She even made up a story saying to the cops that a friend of mine hit her dock at 80 mph. Which is ludicrous if he hit her dock going that fast which the boat could not even do, it would be in tiny pieces. Not to mention even a boat that could travel even close to that fast would never get going that fast on this tiny pond. Anyway I was hoping she would call the cops because I know they remember who she is and they used to always tell her not to call them anymore after they realized she was a complete *********** I kept my cool and just pick my stuff up and walked away and she went out into the parking lot asking everyone if they knew which vehicle was mine taking pictures of all the vehicles in the parking lot. When she first started her crap I wanted to show her on my tablet and prove that I wasn’t taking pictures of her or her house and even if I wanted to I would have to be so close to even see anything. But she already had her mind made up before she even walked up to me. I could smell the alcohol on her and it was before noon time. She had a bonfire going at her house and I could see her standing there after ranting and raving. I just left after. I probably won’t be going there anymore. There are 2 reasons I stopped fishing there and she was one of them. There is always one of those people no matter where you gonna should have turned on the video cam and got her acting like a disgusting slob. But I didn’t. Next time.
Does she have a sister?

i But she said she doesn’t appreciate me taking Pictures over her house. Which I never did. If you saw this wrinkled prune of a witch you would understand. ...
There is always one of those people no matter where you gonna should have turned on the video cgetting under youam and got her acting like a disgusting slob. But I didn’t. Next time.

Sounds to me like she was successful in getting under your skin a bit. If you were operating legally and with consideration for others, then you were fulfilling your obligations and should have nothing to worry about. In that case, if there is still a problem, you can just let it be her problem. Probably no words or actions would satisfy her, and there are a few people that are just like that.

That is another good reason to take both the laws and plain good manners seriously. If someone wants to make trouble, you won't be giving them something to grab onto.

Fortunately, most people are still decent and fairly tolerant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut