DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hallo aus Berlin!

Norman in Berlin

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi and welcome from Berlin, Germany.

We all know what its like, shops are open after Christmas and you are looking around killing time whilst the other half is in some other random shop. If I am honest I was kind of looking for a VR headset. but then something else caught my eye!

Next thing, not having ever owned a drone before I find myself asking for advice and before they could ask "would you like extra warranty with this" I found myself the proud owner of a DJI Mini 3 Pro. ;)

I've purchased insurance and awaiting my UAS number from LBA. Many youtube videos later I am at a virtual crossroads whilst I wait. Yes it flies - but of course I've not dared take it out in public as yet.

Does anybody have any experience on how long LBA takes issuing an e-ID - and what happens if its not on my drone since it has not yet been issued. The LBA site says (red is my highlight)

"Ihre Angaben zur Registrierung als UAS-Betreiber sind vollständig und werden geprüft.​

Ihre UAS-Betreiber-Nummer (e-ID / Identifikationsnummer) wird Ihnen nach erfolgreicher Prüfung Ihrer Angaben hier mitgeteilt.
Aufgrund der großen Anzahl der Registrierungen kann dieser Vorgang längere Zeit in Anspruch nehmen."

which basically is

"Your details for registering as a UAS operator are complete and will be checked.

Your UAS operator number (e-ID / identification number) will be communicated to you here after your details have been successfully checked.
Due to the large number of registrations, this process can take a long time"

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I found myself the proud owner of a DJI Mini 3 Pro. ;)

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I would suggest you Google "local drone clubs in Berlin, Germany"

Most everything else I come up with it all in English and I do not know what might actually apply to you…

Since you live in Germany, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Even if you may have flown Drones before, here is some Good Old Fashion Advice…

You paid a lot of money for that Drone, put your phone number on it. If your drone gets lost or stuck in a tree and it finally comes down when you are not around, give the finders an opportunity to contact you so it can be returned.

Now, for the Fun Part, But do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a kitten or puppy opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 4-5 feet (1-1/2 meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, Home point Updated.

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy Droning…

Welcome, LOW and SLOW first in a clear space with no people and NO TREES in the 'danger zone'.

Whilst you are waiting for things to arrive read the manual then read it again. If they will, it might be if your other half reads the manual and then asks you to explain things they do not understand.
If you can't then either read the manual again yourself or ask here.

I think one of the biggest problems with the manual is that people miss the significance or implications of 'innocent looking' phrases that have significant meaning once you actually know what they mean.

Better to ask a 'stupid' question and get a useful answer than it is to not ask and crash.

By insurance what do you mean, Care refresh or public insurance for other people and property?
Since it's your first drone, care refresh might be a good idea.

Welcome, LOW and SLOW first in a clear space with no people and NO TREES in the 'danger zone'.

Whilst you are waiting for things to arrive read the manual then read it again. If they will, it might be if your other half reads the manual and then asks you to explain things they do not understand.
If you can't then either read the manual again yourself or ask here.

I think one of the biggest problems with the manual is that people miss the significance or implications of 'innocent looking' phrases that have significant meaning once you actually know what they mean.

Better to ask a 'stupid' question and get a useful answer than it is to not ask and crash.

By insurance what do you mean, Care refresh or public insurance for other people and property?
Since it's your first drone, care refresh might be a good idea.
Low and slow is always good advice!
Ex soldier here so I have many ways of reading the manual. many are not suitable for a family forum :p Again, good advice!
Agreed on no such thing as a stupid question.
Insurance - the Germans love anything with insurance. Personal liability is a big thing here - kids get advised in school about it so I just extended mine to include drone flying. Heck there is probably an insurance for having insurance.
Appreciate your time for responding!

On aside, Ive been on this planet for the best part of 60 years. Aunt Bessie was my go to in the past for yorkies when I was still in the UK. Dad is a yorkshireman and a chef by trade and yesterday was my first time ever making yorkshire puds. They were lovely!!

Low and slow is always good advice!
Ex soldier here so I have many ways of reading the manual. many are not suitable for a family forum :p Again, good advice!
Agreed on no such thing as a stupid question.
Insurance - the Germans love anything with insurance. Personal liability is a big thing here - kids get advised in school about it so I just extended mine to include drone flying. Heck there is probably an insurance for having insurance.
Appreciate your time for responding!

On aside, Ive been on this planet for the best part of 60 years. Aunt Bessie was my go to in the past for yorkies when I was still in the UK. Dad is a yorkshireman and a chef by trade and yesterday was my first time ever making yorkshire puds. They were lovely!!
My Mum was a great cook, even my sister in law said so lol, but my Mum always loathed the Yorkshire Puds she would make, too slab like for her tastes. She must have been in her 60's when she switched one way or the other between plain flour and self raising flour, voila light fluffy Yorkshire Pud.
I liked either of them lol

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum....Congratulations on your new Mini 3 Pro great drone....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask, and the experts are great on providing good sound advice for you to apply and use... Remember to always Fly safely and fly smartly representing all of us drone hobbyist well.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your drone:
  • Download the DJI manual for your drone here (it doesn't come in the box). The manual is packed with lots of useful tips and will give you a better understanding of your drone's features.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the DJI manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys