DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Halloween weird battery error status on my RC

Gustavo Aguiar

Reactions
Hi everyone, anyone here ever got some weird battery error messages on RC?

Before writing this post, I dig into other "battery errors" on the forum but couldn't find yet something like my case, so what happened:
- Charged this battery to 100% a day before the flight;

- The next day, I connected the battery and the RC showed me "BATTERY ERR", I checked the app and there was a message: "Battery Cell Error - Solution: to further confirme the health condition of your battery, do not power off the aircraft until disrchargin it to 5% after landing. Restart and sync the flight data and contact DJI Support soon."
IMG_20171029_121615701.jpg
Screenshot_20171029-121413.png

- I also checked the battery status, but everything appears to be normal with the cells:
Screenshot_20171029-121539.png
Screenshot_20171029-121550.png

So, what I did:
- Discharged the battery til 5%;
- Let it "rest" for an hour;
- Recharged until 50% (storage mode) just to check it out and the error message was not shown anymore!

I wrote the DJI support and they kindly said that after 8 months my warranty is not valid anymore but I should try the following:
• Place the Intelligent Flight Battery into your aircraft's battery compartment and turn it on.
• Leave it on until there is less than 8% of power left until the battery can no longer be turned on.
• Launch the DJI Go App to check battery levels.

After which allow the battery to cool down and recharge them to full charge. Repeat the steps twice then insert it back to the aircraft and power it on.

My doubts are - Help is welcome:
- Should I worry about this one or keep flying (taking care about future errors, of course)?
- Anyone had sth like that before?
- Does anyone know the reasons for this error?

PS: I always take good care about my batteries like rotation, storage 45% to 50% charge, keep them in a cool place and time to time I check its status before flying.

Today i noticed the same problem in a battery with 11 charges.
Weird, very weird...

I'm trying to recover with this process but i do not feel confidence.
I wrote to support but as i have more then 6 month after purchase, i believe i'm out off luck!

I started having a battery error message on the controller with a battery that has 6 charges... unfortunately I don't get to fly my Mavic often, but according to DJI they can not do anything since my battery was purchased 7 months ago. This battery costs $90, and I didn't even get 8 flights out of it but now I'm supposed to buy another and HOPE it works. Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with the "customer service" I'm getting after spending nearly $1400 and having a "smart" battery crap out a few weeks past the warranty expiration.

I thought I’d bring this back to the top with a update on my battery problem.
I had the battery error on my fully charged battery (1 of 5) so I connected to the DJI Assistant, and it showed a module software inconsistency. It asked if I wanted an update, so I proceeded with it, and my problem was solved [emoji106]. Now all 5 batteries are in sync. I also been keeping a log on the voltages for every battery to see any discrepancies. I got in this habit with my Phantom and Inspire batteries.
Hope this helps someone else with the dreaded “Battery Error “ problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N