DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand carry battery fly more combo bag at airport

zizdnyll

Reactions
Hi , i would like to know can i just fit everything inside my fly more combo bag . The battery inside the bag without being sealed or Lipo bag?

1 battery inside the drone and 2 battery inside the slot provided in the bag

Reactions: swooshdave
I took my P3A and 4 batteries on planes as hand luggage, discharge the batteries to 20%.

Reactions: SpitFire
Took my mavic pro fly more in fly more bag from Detroit to Ft Lauderdale then onto Costa Rica. Didnt have an issue anywhere. Id drain batteries just in case they ask.

After getting an rectal examination from TSA at RSW because they could not identify bananas in my carry on, I reamed them for not noticing the 2 laptops, drone, and 3 fully charged batteries, they could not have cared less.

on a more recent trip I found a spent 22LR casing that was also in that same bag when TSA was cupping my balls. Seriously then they had the nerve to complain my pants were falling down as they made me undo my belt....

In other words TSA is completely incompetent and would not know the difference between fully charged or discharged batteries and fruit.

Reactions: MikeSkril
I always remove the Propellors and place them in the big suitcase when carrying the MA with the handbag, so they won't assume the propellors are knives :-(

Just traveled to Mexico and back to Seattle with drone, charger, cables props and parts, in Flymore. I discharged all six of my batteries and put them in LiPo safe bags that I put in my camera backpack with flymore bag on top of bag.. Nobody cared. I forgot I put a bottle of tequila in my carry on bag though, and Mexican security got stoked on my bag and made me empty it. They could care less about my drone or batteries, I just said it was camera and they didn't even open flymore or rest of my camera bag, they just wanted a free bottle of tequila. Good thing it was a gift from our last hotel we stayed at or I might have been bummed.

FAA permits you to “carry on” your complete drone plus associated gear. This means everything for droning, when you get off that is. Please do NOT attempt to drone on board an aircraft. Batteries should be at a slight discharge mode, if you have LiPo bags for batteries, use them. DO NOT open your carry on at TSA check points as it only requires scan like othe carry on. For for info and current rules google: FAA DRONE CARRY ON TSA. Remember to check your airline as well. This applies for domestic flights only. ADDED: I often throw one or two pistols in CHECKED baggage with adequate supply of bullets as well. Oh, and I never tell them either, don’t have to! Guns are in locked case and bullets are in separate containers. Check FAA and airline rules first! I have a National concealed carry but that doesn’t matter!

Hi , i would like to know can i just fit everything inside my fly more combo bag . The battery inside the bag without being sealed or Lipo bag?

1 battery inside the drone and 2 battery inside the slot provided in the bag

I fly with my MPP almost every month with the drone and two spare batteries in the combo case and have had no problems.

You do not need to discharge any of the 3 batteries - they are well separated in the case so cannot contact each other in any way - discharging them any % makes no difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000