DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand launch and landing

Philk

Reactions
Hi when launching mavic and landing do you have to turn bottom sensors off ??

You don't have to disable the sensors, but it'll be easier to land the Mavic in your hand if you disable the "Landing Protection" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

If that setting is enabled, the Mavic will try to increase its altitude when you place your hand under it and/or grab it.

Yer I tried and mavic shot up :)) so thanks for that I do use a landing Matt but I'm wanting to learn all I can :)) cheers [emoji106]

No need, just put your hand flat and lower the Mavic, at first it will begin to rise as it senses y our hand but if you keep holding the stick down the bird will land quite happily in your hand and the motors will switch off, no panic, no loss of sensors, just really easy. you just have to be prepared to ignore the first little rise.

Reactions: Philk
I do a lot of Beach takes offs so I hand launch and land.
I keep Landing Protection off all the time now.
Hand launch by holding underneath and slide the app for take off. Let it hover for a number of seconds to make sure everything is green.
Landing I usually bring it back to shoulder height and rear to me. Take a firm hold from under and pull left stick back to stop motors.
Getting quite good at it now.

Reactions: Philk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada