DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand launching without a lanyard?

kmaluo

Reactions
Is slide to takeoff going to be the only option? I can't fathom how you'd get both sticks to the bottom corners with one hand, without a lanyard.

You could set your remote controller on the ground and operate the sticks while kneeling.

I guess that you could assign C1 or C2 to "auto takeoff", and use it that way.
That's not an option for C1/C2 :(

Doesn't slide-to-take-off require armed motors anyway? I didn't think it would bypass the arming step.

Not a big deal for me personally as I can think of a whole lot of other reasons to never attempt this. You might look into a paintball mask to go with that lanyard :p

Reactions: kmaluo
Ive never been a fan of the auto take off. I think ive used it once on the inspire to see that it works.

Obviously I don't have a controller to play with, but I can hold my iPhone in one hand, and swipe to shut down. Those of you who DO have controllers, can you hold the remote (with phone) in one hand safely and swipe to auto take off? If so, wouldn't hand launches be possible? I don't see a problem with hand recoveries since you can bring it in close, release the sticks, let it hover in place, hold remote in one hand, grasp the bottom of the AC, while thumbing straight down on the left stick. Probably much harder in reality...YMMV.

Is slide to takeoff going to be the only option? I can't fathom how you'd get both sticks to the bottom corners with one hand, without a lanyard.

Judging by the images online, there is a rectangular hole on both of the arms used to hold the device. Just loop a lanyard into it (don't use keyring as it will obstruct the inserted phone). The remote will dangle vertically though however it will free up your hand.

I haven't tested as Australia wont see a Mavic till mid November...... 2020.

Last edited:
Just received mine, charging up now. But I've cradled the controller with the left hand with antennas closed(open may work too), and use the thumb and index fingers to push on the two sticks. By the way, the stick gimbals feel great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa