DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Handling the gimbal - question

D

Deleted member 45347

Hello, as a noob, i powered on the Mavic Pro without removing the gimbal lock but i realized it soon enough, so during the startup sequence i quickly lifted the drone and removed it, the gimbal did its usual mumbo jumbo and aligned properly.
I tried it afterwards and it seems fine, but i have another question. When i lifted the drone up and removed the lock, the gimbal moved (by motors) itself while the drone was at approx. 75° angle.
Can powering on the drone on angled surfaces damage or decalibrate the gimbal (and/or its servos)?
I am always trying to power it on/take off/land on straight surfaces, but sometimes its not possible.
Sorry if this question is stupid, i love the drone and the last thing i want is to damage it.

Reactions: Mashuugana
I’ve done that myself many times. You haven’t damaged anything. It’s not that fragile.

Just try to remembered to remove the clamp and have a reasonably level surface to initialize and take off from.

It needs to be absolutely level only if you’re calibrating the IMU. Once properly calibrated, it then knows what level is, which is why it doesn’t care if it’s perfectly level upon take off.

Last edited:
We have all done that, forgetting to remove the clamp when we got our Mavics, i think you do have to start the quad on a level surface to ensure proper flight and camera alignment

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas