DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hands down best micro Sd Card for Mavic

MavicFT1P

Reactions
OK there are some pricey sd cards for Fimmaking professionals out there (see below).

Even if you could choose any of these cards.
At what point does it become irrelevant?

I assume Mavic Pro/Platinum's has a Maximum (and modest write speed) compared to professional
4k Cameras?
Does anyone know it?

Attachments

• delkin_devices_ddmsdg200064_64gb_microsdxc_card_v90_1549553872000_1457441.jpg
    delkin_devices_ddmsdg200064_64gb_microsdxc_card_v90_1549553872000_1457441.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 68
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 67
  • inddfdex.jpg
    inddfdex.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 9178KPAD2tL._SL1500_.jpg
    9178KPAD2tL._SL1500_.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 81an1IJHSKL._SL1500_.jpg
    81an1IJHSKL._SL1500_.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg
    81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Shuggins
OK there are some pricey sd cards for Fimmaking professionals out there (see below).

I assume Mavic Pro/Platinum's has a Maximum (and modest write speed) compared to professional
4k Cameras?
Does anyone know it?
Professional cameras do not use domestic media cards of any description.

For example Sony high speed media will cost more than an Inspire 2

• Wow
Reactions: bassnbeau
The significant symbol on the SD card us the 'U' with the 3 in it ... That denotes that the card is UHS Speed Bus 3 compliant (as are the Mavic Pro & 2 Pro) ... U3 cards are capable of a minimum sustained write speed of 30 MBytes/sec (240 Mbit/s) and therefore will sustain the write speed required for HD video.

All you need is a memory card that's known to work well and meets the required specs. You won't benefit by buying the most expensive memory card you can find.

Here are a few memory cards that are inexpensive and work well with any Mavic:

SanDisk Extreme

Samsung EVO Select

4k Cameras?
Does anyone know it?
The Mavic Pro (Platinum) has a maximum write speed of 7.5 MB/s.

Check out this guide for more info on choosing the best memory card for your Mavic:

Best memory card for your DJI drone

Thanks MavicHelp

I was just about to post I had found out the write speed of 7.5MB/s.

I was looking at the Evo PLus (2019 model) 64gb.
I was only after 32gb, but the 64gb is U3, while the 32gb evo is U1.

The question is answered, but I'm interested in the A2, and V ratings on some
of the cards there
Can somone explain them?

Thanks MavicHelp

of the cards there
Can somone explain them?
A plethora of threads already on the forum explaining the ratings (use search)
Or over the Internet (use Google)
eg

Professional cameras do not use domestic media cards of any description.

For example Sony high speed media will cost more than an Inspire 2

That is ridiculous! Be interested to see what that goes in
Filmaking kit seems priced to keep Hollywood very much in charge.

I'm interested in the A2, and V ratings on some
of the cards there
Can somone explain them?
The Video Speed Class (V symbol) can be used to find the minimum write speed for the memory card. The number designates the write speed in MB/s. For example, V30 means the memory card writes at a minimum speed of 30 MB/s and V90 means the memory card writes at a minimum speed of 90 MB/s.

The Application Performance Class (A symbol) is an indication of the random read/write speeds that the card can deliver. See more details here.

That is ridiculous! Be interested to see what that goes in
Filmaking kit seems priced to keep Hollywood very much in charge.
Sony Venice uses them (well two AXS cards to record two streams simultaneously) and is around $42,000 for the body only.

Factor in the same again (or more) $42-70k for a Cooke or Angenieux Prime and it kind of makes the cost of the media irrelevant.

Last edited:
Thanks MavicHelp

of the cards there
Can somone explain them?
If you have an MPP and are interested in 64gb, be careful. Historically there has been an issue with camera gimbal reboots during flight while using a 64gb card. I went through this issue. To fix it, I purchased 32gb cards with no problems. Besides, if you recover your files after every flight, 32gb is plenty! I do not know if DJI fixed this issue, but I doubt it. If they have fixed it, then go for whatever blows your hair back!

Are you sure that was the cause.
DJI list the Maximum capacity as 64gb, anything above and you have problems.

I went with 2 x 64gb. One for my phone also,

With Samsung Evo+ and Sandisk Extreme; the 32 gb models are U1, while the 64gb up to 256 are u3.

The Manufacturer list; Higher read/write speed for higher capacities of the same line of card?
I call BS on that one.

*128gb isnt big anymore, but I remember when the first 128gb Sandisk card came out, and it was slow as.

I have plenty of SanDisks in my devices (in phones, Nvidia Shields, DSLR, Smart Controller, etc.) therefore I also chose one for the Mavic 2 Pro ... it's the 128 GB SanDisk Extreme model and without any surprise it works flawlessly.

Definitly would recommend it though other well-known companies such as Samsung would certainly be on par with it. ;)

Reactions: irpnetgb
The Mavic comes with a Sandisk Extreme most of the time, so they must be good :)

Interesting article here about memory card speeds in the Mavic 2 line.

Just to summarize, the Mavic 2 write speed maxes out at 12.5MB/s and there are several options that can handle that speed.

I have plenty of SanDisks in my devices (in phones, Nvidia Shields, DSLR, Smart Controller, etc.) therefore I also chose one for the Mavic 2 Pro ... it's the 128 GB SanDisk Extreme model and without any surprise it works flawlessly.

Definitly would recommend it though other well-known companies such as Samsung would certainly be on par with it. ;)

Curious, I have tried several U3 cards Extreme versions, etc, and I always have a lag when writing still photos on the M2P. All response on the control is suspended until the file it written. Do you have this issue? Or if you did, what have you done to correct it, if you have corrected it?

BTW this occurs on the basic controller and the Smart controller.

Curious, I have tried several U3 cards Extreme versions, etc, and I always have a lag when writing still photos on the M2P. All response on the control is suspended until the file it written. Do you have this issue? Or if you did, what have you done to correct it, if you have corrected it?

BTW this occurs on the basic controller and the Smart controller.
No mate, never noticed so far.
I often shoot in AEB 3 - 5 exposures or panos in a row but did not encounter any lag or stutter when using. I shot RAW (DNG) only and they are about 45 - 50 MB and not noticed that. They are instantly captured.

I can imagine what you describe, but the SC is all responsive during capture.

No mate, never noticed so far.
I often shoot in AEB 3 - 5 exposures or panos in a row but did not encounter any lag or stutter when using. I shot RAW (DNG) only and they are about 45 - 50 MB and not noticed that. They are instantly captured.

I can imagine what you describe, but the SC is all responsive during capture.
Thanks for the response. What card are you using in the M2P?

Bought this at Amazon:
SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe, up to 160MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg

When buying a SD card, check your devices maximum bitrate output and then match the sd card accordingly; that simple. Dependability is when user experience matters; typically brand names like Samsung, Sandisk, Corsair, Sony are good starts.

Bought this at Amazon:
SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe, up to 160MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg
Bought this at Amazon:

81TTUPZWacL._SL1500_.jpg
Thanks Globetrotterdrone, These are what I have been using only the 64gb version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder