DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Handy tip. Thanks to Russ at 51drones for highlighting the potential problem

choo choo

Reactions
Russ posted a you tube video explaining that the micro USB port on the side of the MP Controller can be easily damaged because it looks almost square but the tiny little ‘tang’ or ‘tongue’ inside is slightly offset and repeated insertions of the oe charging cable or an aftermarket cable the wrong way up can eventually lead to damage to the ‘tongue’ and then you can’t charge the controller.
Having viewed Russ’s vlog I placed a small spot of white paint on the connector of the mini usb to indicate which way was ‘up’ and hopefully avoid an expensive repair or replacement of my controller in the future.

Russ posted a you tube video explaining that the micro USB port on the side of the MP Controller can be easily damaged because it looks almost square but the tiny little ‘tang’ or ‘tongue’ inside is slightly offset and repeated insertions of the oe charging cable or an aftermarket cable the wrong way up can eventually lead to damage to the ‘tongue’ and then you can’t charge the controller.
Having viewed Russ’s vlog I placed a small spot of white paint on the connector of the mini usb to indicate which way was ‘up’ and hopefully avoid an expensive repair or replacement of my controller in the future.

I do the same on all my connectors. In the case of DJI cables that are white, I use a black dot of magic marker to indicate the top.

Reactions: Simmo
The first “mod” I did to my Mavic in April 2017 was to mark all the cables and ports so that I’d know which way up to plug things in. I used silver marker pen. It shows up on both black and white.

Ah, good tip, but that one won’t work for me!

I always mark which part is the widest, ie the bottom :)

Reactions: JDUB_54
Yep, first thing I did was mark the cables with a white marking pen and also white dots on my batteries so I use them in sequence so they all get used evenly.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka