DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanging With The Deer

Twocalf

Reactions
Here's are some clips I shot with my M2P showing the behavior of some whitetail deer and wild turkeys in our hayfield late yesterday afternoon.

These animals and their ancestors have lived in our fields and around our outbuildings for years and have little fear of us. The deer have been particularly bold recently preferring proximity to humans and what protection that might give them from mountain lions that have been killing their fawns. I was able to fly low and slow with my M2P shooting 4k HQ footage and as you can see, the animals basically ignored me, except for one young inquisitive doe. Editing was done in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Super clean video , outstanding clarity. Walt Disney shots , not to mention that close up of the deer , Two Calf nice job.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting edge gear for your mavic
Coal

Very nice - I get close to deer but not too close - they get spooked where I am from - I fly at 1080p and use the zoom. Those deer are small or those turkeys are huge lol.

Very nice - I get close to deer but not too close - they get spooked where I am from - I fly at 1080p and use the zoom. Those deer are small or those turkeys are huge lol.
As I mentioned in the original post, these deer spend a great deal of time around our buildings and seldom stir even when I'm running power equipment. It's a different deal though during hunting season! Yes, these particular whitetail are small. Sometimes the larger bucks might go 180 lbs field dressed but you're lucky to get 120 lbs out of the smaller ones. We do get some big old tom turkeys with long beards around these parts.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You're lucky to have these animals next to you and have the oportunity to shot them. Fantastic video!

Reactions: Twocalf and tmgrood
Man, I'm in a big city . . . what I would give up to live there. Spectacular video.

Reactions: Twocalf and tmgrood
Very nice - well done vid. Thx for sharing. I shoot wildlife almost daily where I live.....but....I can only close to about 150 yards on the deer before they get uncomfortable so must 4x zoom.....and the turkey really have anxiety issues. Rarely can get close enough to them even with 96mm zoom even at 150+ altitude. Thx again. Nice vid.

Very nice - well done vid. Thx for sharing. I shoot wildlife almost daily where I live.....but....I can only close to about 150 yards on the deer before they get uncomfortable so must 4x zoom.....and the turkey really have anxiety issues. Rarely can get close enough to them even with 96mm zoom even at 150+ altitude. Thx again. Nice vid.
Thanks for the compliment! These critters are used to having us go about our daily business with minimal alarm. I think they've found that they have relative protection from predators by hanging around humans versus hanging "out in the woods".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato