DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Case With Smart Controller Options

Longhorns2005

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I am planning on getting the smart controller and I currently am using the fly more bag, but between extra batteries, my filter cases etc. it is getting a bit tight. I’m thinking of a hard case(I also have goggles, but I don’t want to fit them in I think) does anyone have any ideas for a hard case that could accommodate the smart controller? I know the Mavic specific ones will not, I just didn’t know if there were options where I could maybe make my own insert?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The Cases at Harbor Freight - Apache with the Pick and Pull foam so you can create your own padding shapes. 2800 Weatherproof Protective Case - 13-3/4 In.

Or the Sams Club Members Mark cases that are extremely similar.
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/20in-protective-case-member-s-mark/prod21233244.ip

Sams Club will issue a Temporary Membership for one day at no cost. You have to bug them at Customer Service and tell them that you wont be shopping there very much and prefer not to purchase a membership and just need a "day pass".

Reactions: sea157
The DJI protector case for the Mavic 2 will accommodate the Smart Remote. It holds everything from the Flymore Combo. There are two foam blocks that slide out to allow the smart remote to fit in.
c4cdae985931810e46c78120513bc782.jpg

i the Apache 4800 case from Harbor Freight got it for $39 with a coupon...
gonna Plasti-Dip spray it then cut it out to accomodate my M2P w/FM kit the later on down the road a Smart Controller...IMG_2987.JPGIMG_2991.JPGIMG_2990.JPGIMG_2992.JPG

The DJI protector case for the Mavic 2 will accommodate the Smart Remote. It holds everything from the Flymore Combo. There are two foam blocks that slide out to allow the smart remote to fit in.
c4cdae985931810e46c78120513bc782.jpg
Hello, How did you find that case? I don't seem to be able to locate it on the DJI site.

Never mind. I found and ordered it.

Last edited:
Just got a Smatree backpack. It is what I selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but not smart controller space. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam:

Smatree 2lowres.jpg

I even manage to have a space for my filter and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:
Smatree 1lowres.jpg

I even added my filters and other accessories.

This and image of the original product and a link to it:
Smatree backpack Mavic 2 and GoPro.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Backpack-Compatible-Mavic-GoPro/dp/B07D49PGH5

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam form using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Customizable...SM5Q87RC6T5&psc=1&refRID=KZ4E8K5MBSM5Q87RC6T5

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.

Reactions: Megalodrone
Just got a Smatree backpack. It is what I selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but not smart controller space. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam:

View attachment 64218

I even manage to have a space for my filter and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:
View attachment 64219

I even added my filters and other accessories.

This and image of the original product and a link to it:
View attachment 64220

Amazon.com : Smatree Backpack Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom/GoPro Hero 2018/ Hero 7/6/5/4/3+/3 : Electronics

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam form using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
Amazon.com : Customizable Magic Foam for Camkix Extra Large Gopro Case - Suitable for Gopro Hero 7, 6, 5 Black, Session, 4, Session, Black, Silver, Hero+ LCD, 3+, 3 and Accessories - Tailor the Foam to Your Needs : Electronics

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I am planning on getting the smart controller and I currently am using the fly more bag, but between extra batteries, my filter cases etc. it is getting a bit tight. I’m thinking of a hard case(I also have goggles, but I don’t want to fit them in I think) does anyone have any ideas for a hard case that could accommodate the smart controller? I know the Mavic specific ones will not, I just didn’t know if there were options where I could maybe make my own insert?
I just received this one in the mail today...
Like you I wanted a hard case that would carry a smart controller and at least 6 batteries. This one is well made. Enough room for everything in the basic and flymore kit as well as extras. The case is water proof and has a self regulating pressure valve for air travel. For $150 and already cut out and put together it's well worth it to me.

Attachments

• 20190416_082958.jpg
    20190416_082958.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190416_084903.jpg
    20190416_084903.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: RogerMav

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads