DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Case with spot for tablet mount?

Murdoch

Reactions
Has anyone bought a decent hard shell case for the mini that fits everything the DJI stock case carries plus a standard tablet mount? Thanks in advance.

Mini 1 or Mini 2? The case will be different between the two because of the controller.
This link for the Mini 1 hardcase, however it all depends on what tablet mount you have.
Mini 1 hardcase

Why don't you try the Apache 2800? You could pick it up for about $23 at Harbor Freight tools. It's almost the same quality as a Pelican, but 1/4 the price. I got one for my Mini 2, and got creative. It holds every accessory I could possibly want on a trip. For the most part my Mini 2 controller is transported face-down with sticks still on, but the slot I cut will accomodate it on its side with plenty of room for a something like a tablet holder if it folds down enough and you get creative.

apache2800_CaseHack_sm.jpg

Reactions: Drone Master
That is an option, thanks. I am still leaning toward something already finished. I have only found one on amazon. Lekufee brand but has waisted space to hold 7 batteries. I have 4 batteries. I am just surprised there are not more. It’s a pretty common accessory, tablet holder.

Reactions: Drone Master
Why don't you try the Apache 2800? You could pick it up for about $23 at Harbor Freight tools. It's almost the same quality as a Pelican, but 1/4 the price. I got one for my Mini 2, and got creative. It holds every accessory I could possibly want on a trip. For the most part my Mini 2 controller is transported face-down with sticks still on, but the slot I cut will accomodate it on its side with plenty of room for a something like a tablet holder if it folds down enough and you get creative.

View attachment 118842
did the apache 2800 not come with the type of foam where you can pick and pull foam, as I see you used various random bits.

did the apache 2800 not come with the type of foam where you can pick and pull foam, as I see you used various random bits.
Yes, it did come with foam. But I had a pre-cut insert from a smaller case for my Mini 1 that fits right inside the case (shown on the left in the previous photo). With a few layers of cusion foam I was able to create layered compartments for all the accessories. I then fastened the bottom of the lid's foam to the plastic case, creating compartment in the lid itself where I can keep my screen shade, a spare SD card and maybe a few other things. The larger controller makes the pre-cut foam unusable in the older case, so I just used it in the Apache. If I ever want to travel super compact I can use the original smaller case, though it has less padding. But I would just throw it in my backpack. Having everything right there without having to dig is so much more convenient than that silly DJI Fly More case. The smaller case cost me all of $17. With another creative hack I can get both my Mini 2 and Mavic 2 in an Apache 3800, one side larger than the 2800. k

The thing that blows my mind is how expensive polyethelene foam is by itself. For those who want the foam pre-cut for their drone kits, getting one with the foam already cut makes sense.

For those who are wondering, the Mini 1 (and Mavic 2) controller is 3" (7.6cm) while the Mini 2 (and MA2) controller is 4" (10cm), a full inch larger in width (and significantly heavier)!! I wonder what DJI was thinking? We know that they can put Ocusync in the smaller package.

Mini_soft_case.JPGMini_SmallCase.jpg

Here's what I did, using an aluminum case from Harbor Freight. I have a few of their Apache cases...and they are great...but this case allows me to put a tablet on the lid behind a drop down panel.

Reactions: LakeWorthB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82