DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard landing

03ultraclassic

Reactions
Hard crash landing on RTH. Landed right where it was supposed to but never slowed and hovered like normal. Has anyone experienced this problem and why?

Regards ken

Was it dark outside when you landed? The two optical cameras on the bottom have a hard time seeing whats underneath it.

No it was 10:30 am and sunny...

The return to home clearance check isn't selected. That might be the issue. I had that happen before and the drone switched into ATTI mode.

I rolled back the firmware to 1.03.0700. When I had the 1.04.0400 the RTH would slow slightly above home (i.e. 8 feet) and then have a soft landing. After the rollback the RTH started its decent at about 6 ft/s and then slow to 2 ft/s but never slow and woudl bounce on the ground. I there a parameter to limit the vertical down to 0.5 ft/sec?

1.03.700 is what everyone should be flying, so i cant speak for other firmware.
DJI GO 4.06 is best comprimise between stability and features.

I never used to do this, maybe everyone has been anyway..

But lately I have been using the takeoff slider instead of just powering up and off I go.
It lets you tick the box for more precise VPS info.
If nothing else it changes your home point every time. So should you need to use RTH (last resort)
it might actually work.

Last thing, I have slapped my mavic down hard enough to flex a propellor into the arm and break, but
everything else perfectly fine. The plastic feet have shown to be very tough

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+