DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard shell box

m3sgal

Reactions
Anyone know if there is a hard shell box shaped for MM, where you can fit it inside snuggly to protect it?
If not, anyone has the necessary skills, printer, and will to do it?

@m3sgal i got mine off Ebay cost £40.20p just type in hard case for MM and there will be several listed

Of course you will be able to find a hard shell case somewhere. And like you I wanted a hardshell case but had initially ordered a semi-hard case. However, what I discovered is that I could take the inner foam, custom cut from that case, around $16.50 Mavic Mini semi-hard case.
and put it in an Apache 2800, available from Harbor Freight Tools costing around $22 with their regular discount for a total of $38.50 total for both cases. Apache 2800 case

The great thing is that the smaller semi-hard case fits easily in my backpack and the 2800 can fit too, though a tight squeeze. When I got my Mavic 2 I returned the 2800 and did the same thing with a semi-hard case and the LARGER Apache 3800, same concept, the latter of which I have a photo of. Works the same way with the Mini case and the 2800. It's a very close fit with just a little room around the edge for a flat accessory or two. The photo with the camera is the 2800 with the camera inside for size perspective. Sorry I don't have a photo of the Mini and the 2800. FWIW, I really like the semi-hard case for the Mini.

Apache2800.JPGMini_soft_case.JPGApacheCase_3800.jpgApacheCase_3800v2.jpg

Maybe I wasn't clear. I should've put emphasis on shell. As in a hard shell that is exactly the size of the MM alone. You place it inside and close it. So that it is compact, yet provide enough protection to be placed in a backpack or a case. Something the size of the MM, and made out of hard plastics-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I wasn't clear. I should've put emphasis on shell. As in a hard shell that is exactly the size of the MM alone. You place it inside and close it. So that it is compact, yet provide enough protection to be placed in a backpack or a case. Something the size of the MM, and made out of hard plasticView attachment 112859
sorry havent seen anything like that i am afraid ,but there is probably something out there hope you find it
just a thought there are many ,many ,hard food container boxes that would be suitable for the MM to fit in ,with some foam for support ,and most of them have a airtight lid ,might be worth a try

Reactions: m3sgal
Maybe I wasn't clear. I should've put emphasis on shell. As in a hard shell that is exactly the size of the MM alone. You place it inside and close it. So that it is compact, yet provide enough protection to be placed in a backpack or a case. Something the size of the MM, and made out of hard plasticView attachment 112859
Don't know if you can get one but i want one! that is a great idea.

I have a 3D printer and I do have a "blueprint" to print a hard shell for the MM just like this one.
ill try to make one and report back here -;)

Bottom part done .. and test fit.

i just realized that i completely forgot to modify the model to add a lanyard slot :confused:

Now i need to make the lid

1600355773456.png

1600355836460.png

I used PLA 1.75mm ecotough 2.0 fiber with 60-70C heat resistance , also UV resistant.
210C on the extruder and 72C for the bed , 50 mm print speed , 0.16mm layer height.

Unique though, its the only one in the world :)
Not realy, the 3D print of this case could be downloaded since half a year here:

LOL ...I never said it was unique nor that I made the model. But I did printed the lid in one go instead of 2 parts. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair