DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harness/Lanyard Adapter for RC Pro Controller

langcpht

Reactions
I hope there aren't issues with the forum and some self-promotion, but I've finished what I'm calling "Version 1" of my 3D-printed bracket for the new RC Pro Controller. I've created a bracket of much the same design for the previous Smart Controller and did the same with the new Pro Controller. The bracket is meant to hold a 2-point lanyard, camera strap, or a single-point wrist strap on either side. It attaches at the bottom using M4 screws. I'm not ready for full production, but I wanted to see if there was interest in the design. The bracket is (currently) made from a high-modulus carbon fiber reinforced plastic that is more than sufficiently strong. The hooks were designed to hold Peak Design "Anchors", but other people have used my brackets with small split-rings. I've used it with both the Peak Design Slide Lite camera strap and their Cuff wrist strap. What do you guys and gals think?

Attachments

• PXL_20211124_213645667 (Medium).jpg
    PXL_20211124_213645667 (Medium).jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 162
  • PXL_20211124_213711312 (Medium).jpg
    PXL_20211124_213711312 (Medium).jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 154
  • PXL_20211124_213723869 (Medium).jpg
    PXL_20211124_213723869 (Medium).jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 150
Might look a bit cleaner without the DJI letters.
Just me, I’m a clean freak. If I see a sticker that looks like things would look better with it gone, I take it off. May print faster without it?

Reactions: AnzacJack
Thanks for the feedback! I plan on producing it both with and without the logo. It's honestly a lot 'cleaner' than it looks, particularly if you're not staring right at it. I generally wire-brush the pieces after they're done but I actually just tossed that one right on the controller and took photos. A tiny bit of post-processing cleans up a lot of the small imperfections that's inherent to 3D-printing.

It looks fine. I just thought it would look better if the right side matched the left side.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to link to an STL-file I just posted to Thingiverse with a "strap holder attachment thingy" for the new DJI RC Pro.

I'm using it for a week now, prints perfectly in less than 30 minutes and is rock solid.

Doesn't cost you anything, just download and print it or ask someone with a 3D printer to do it for you ;)

Cheers!

Mirko

Attachments

• DJIRCProV2_0002.jpg
    DJIRCProV2_0002.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DJIRCProV2_0003.jpg
    DJIRCProV2_0003.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DJIRCProV2_0001.jpg
    DJIRCProV2_0001.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 37
Works for me, just tried it a few seconds ago.

Maybe Thingiverse was down for a moment.

For those wanting to purchase one ready-to-mount or don't have access to a 3D printer, I've made mine available on eBay. $10 + Shipping.

Ordered as well. Love the low profile, I had a set of neatly in long eyelets that not only made it hard to pack away, but would loosen in spite of silicone washers. I had a Symik branded one on the Smart Controller but we need access for the ports moved to the bottom, obviously. Now for a good strap to pair with this and I'm set.

Reactions: langcpht
Ordered as well. Love the low profile, I had a set of neatly in long eyelets that not only made it hard to pack away, but would loosen in spite of silicone washers. I had a Symik branded one on the Smart Controller but we need access for the ports moved to the bottom, obviously. Now for a good strap to pair with this and I'm set.
Hey thanks for the purchase! Personally I really like stuff from Peak Design if you're looking for a really good strap. They're kinda pricey, but the quality of their stuff is top-notch. I use both the Slide Lite and the Cuff for my camera gear and the Smart Controller/RC Pro.

Peak Design Slide Lite Strap

Reactions: merak75
I hope there aren't issues with the forum and some self-promotion, but I've finished what I'm calling "Version 1" of my 3D-printed bracket for the new RC Pro Controller. I've created a bracket of much the same design for the previous Smart Controller and did the same with the new Pro Controller. The bracket is meant to hold a 2-point lanyard, camera strap, or a single-point wrist strap on either side. It attaches at the bottom using M4 screws. I'm not ready for full production, but I wanted to see if there was interest in the design. The bracket is (currently) made from a high-modulus carbon fiber reinforced plastic that is more than sufficiently strong. The hooks were designed to hold Peak Design "Anchors", but other people have used my brackets with small split-rings. I've used it with both the Peak Design Slide Lite camera strap and their Cuff wrist strap. What do you guys and gals think?

Looks good, you could get a nice low priced Guitar Strap and attach it. What is the measurements of the " M4 screws?"

Thank you very much. Since I will probably use a guitar strap, I do not need the adapter, but does look quality.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to link to an STL-file I just posted to Thingiverse with a "strap holder attachment thingy" for the new DJI RC Pro.

I'm using it for a week now, prints perfectly in less than 30 minutes and is rock solid.

Doesn't cost you anything, just download and print it or ask someone with a 3D printer to do it for you ;)

Cheers!

Mirko
Thanks Mirko. I printed this and have been using it for a while now - works great. Did mine in PLA and it seems plenty strong but I have nagging doubts in the back of my head. Think it's ok with PLA?

What are those tassle-looking things you have attached to it? I'm using a simple lanyard with clips on both ends.

Somebody mentioned a guitar strap. Really? Would love to see that setup. Seems like it would be awfully bulky. Pics?

Reactions: HH-1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000