DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone bought a double battery Mavic 3 Mod?

Has anyone bought a Mavic 3 battery mod? This is the first time I’ve seen one for sale:

US $353.00 20% Off | 53min Battery 10000mAh Intelligent Flight Battery for Mavic 3 Camera Drone DJI Mavic 3 Cine Original Drone Battery

One just ordered one and will report back here once I test it.
Thanks,

SH
No way would I trust a third party battery in a Mavic 3. Too much to lose if there’s any sort of issue - bearing in mind how ‘smart’ the M3 OEM batteries are.

Has anyone bought a Mavic 3 battery mod? This is the first time I’ve seen one for sale:

US $353.00 20% Off | 53min Battery 10000mAh Intelligent Flight Battery for Mavic 3 Camera Drone DJI Mavic 3 Cine Original Drone Battery

Thanks,

SH
Alley Babbles and the seven thieves is one to watch. I've seen everything from very good to despicable products on that site.

Thanks,

SH
Is it connecting to the main battery in parallel through the USB-C port on the back of the drone? If so, any USB-C connected compatible external battery would work for a lot cheaper!

Is it connecting to the main battery in parallel through the USB-C port on the back of the drone? If so, any USB-C connected compatible external battery would work for a lot cheaper!
I was thinking the same thing. It appears so. They also have a bracket which clips on the drone.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I was thinking the same thing. It appears so. They also have a bracket which clips on the drone.
There's another thread (that I can't seem to locate right now) where that possibility was discussed, after the revelation that the port is powered and can be used to power accessories during flight.

Here is a quick update. The cable from one battery is actually connected to the inside of the other battery on this double battery setup. It does not connect to the drone. I’ll post my review here once I have the setup in hand.

Here is a quick update. The cable from one battery is actually connected to the inside of the other battery on this double battery setup. It does not connect to the drone. I’ll post my review here once I have the setup in hand.
Please do update us after you get it. So this requires two modded original $209 batteries that are wired together?

Yes, two modded *i assume* original batteries hooked together with a cable. I’ll let you all know how it works out.
Since the original batteries are $209 each, the cost must be well over $500 for them to make any money, but it was substantially cheaper, wasn't it?

The price is $353 for the dual battery setup. Maybe the battery that goes inside of the drone is an original DJI battery and the external battery is a generic one. That would make more sense.

The price is $353 for the dual battery setup. Maybe the battery that goes inside of the drone is an original DJI battery and the external battery is a generic one. That would make more sense.
Indeed. That is probably the setup, in which case, all you really need is an original battery modded with XT60 battery connectors hanging out. That's how the original Phantom 3 Pro battery mods were set up. However, one couldn't safely run battery wires out the back of the Phantom 4 batteries, so all those battery mods had to be done directly to the drone itself, with external XT60 battery connectors soldered to the internal battery connectors inside the drone.

I found a Mavic pro battery somewhere that was twice the mah the stocker is 3830 and the one I found is twice that around 6500 or something I thought I had it in the bookmarks bar or other bookmarks , when I find it I might buy it .
Just to check it out it wasn't too expensive less than the price of 2 3830mah .
Maybe tomoz gotta get some sleep .

I found a Mavic pro battery somewhere that was twice the mah the stocker is 3830 and the one I found is twice that around 6500 or something I thought I had it in the bookmarks bar or other bookmarks , when I find it I might buy it .
Just to check it out it wasn't too expensive less than the price of 2 3830mah .
Maybe tomoz gotta get some sleep .
I bought the Mavic Pro double battery from Alli Express if you a
Did you receive the MP3 double battery? If so, how did it test out?

Wow, 45 minutes is impressive flight time down to 8% battery charge level remaining, especially considering that a drone in hover consumes battery power faster than if it were in forward flight. I'll run another more ambitious waypoint flight test that will push my Mavic Pro Platinum this time going for a flight time of 40 minutes.

I expect that on a calm day, my own newly purchased extra-duration battery will indicate somewhere around 15% to 20% battery after the drone has covered twelve miles round trip, assuming calm conditions. I will report back with my test flight findings in this forum.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the Mavic 3 double battery now. It got 45 minutes of hover time down to 8%. Seems to work well.
What can you now tell us about the design of the double battery setup, after all of our speculation above? Is the internal battery a modified OEM DJI battery? What is the included external battery weight and amperage, and brand name? How are the two batteries connected? Is it hardwired, or is it modular in any way, that would make it possible to swap the existing external battery for another, perhaps one with more amperage, or less weight, with a higher mAH/g ratio? Does the mounted external battery block the GPS signals in any way, or interfere with any of the OA cameras? Do you still use this double battery setup for regular use, or are there issues with it that have caused you limit your usage of it? Would you recommend this setup? Eager to hear all your feedback!

The battery does not obstruct the camera's field of view or impede the GPS signal. I can attest to perfect GPS connectivity because I have launched my Mavic Pro Platinum with that extra range battery on Litchi waypoint missions that ranged far beyond the reach of the RC signal, with no complications to report besides a spectacular pilot error crash whose details I described in a forum post recently.

The internal wiring of the extra capacity battery remains a mystery to me, whether it be series, parallel, or a hybrid of the two, but the footprint of the taller-than-stock housing is an exact dimensional replica of the stock battery, so it snaps into place with a satisfying click which inspires confidence that the battery connection is rock solid and that the battery. despite its ungainly bulk, is unlikely to detach mid-flight,

One obscure fact that was brought up earlier in this thread is that when the oversized battery is in place, the on-screen battery level indicator does NOT provide an accurate picture of the true battery charge level. The battery charge level indicator evidently reads the expected charge level of a STOCK battery, were it to have been installed in a drone flying the same route as is being flown by the same drone sporting an oversized battery.

In other words, when an RTH alert is reported while your drone with the larger battery is far off, you can override the RTH default and allow the drone to continue its mission PROVIDED that the flight time estimated by Litchi does NOT exceed 40 minutes. Barring wind direction variability, Litchi waypoint missions generally end five minutes BEFORE the ETA derived from adding the Litchi flight time estimate to the time of departure. With the extra capacity battery, a Litchi waypoint mission of an estimated 40-minute duration will see the drone arriving to land precisely 35 minutes after the moment of takeoff.

Without hesitation, I highly recommend this larger-than-life battery for all Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum owners who are serious about pushing the range envelope of these highly capable drones.

The battery does not obstruct the camera's field of view or impede the GPS signal. I can attest to perfect GPS connectivity because I have launched my Mavic Pro Platinum with that extra range battery on Litchi waypoint missions that ranged far beyond the reach of the RC signal, with no complications to report besides a spectacular pilot error crash whose details I described in a forum post recently.

The internal wiring of the extra capacity battery remains a mystery to me, whether it be series, parallel, or a hybrid of the two, but the footprint of the taller-than-stock housing is an exact dimensional replica of the stock battery, so it snaps into place with a satisfying click which inspires confidence that the battery connection is rock solid and that the battery. despite its ungainly bulk, is unlikely to detach mid-flight,

One obscure fact that was brought up earlier in this thread is that when the oversized battery is in place, the on-screen battery level indicator does NOT provide an accurate picture of the true battery charge level. The battery charge level indicator evidently reads the expected charge level of a STOCK battery, were it to have been installed in a drone flying the same route as is being flown by the same drone sporting an oversized battery.

In other words, when an RTH alert is reported while your drone with the larger battery is far off, you can override the RTH default and allow the drone to continue its mission PROVIDED that the flight time estimated by Litchi does NOT exceed 40 minutes. Barring wind direction variability, Litchi waypoint missions generally end five minutes BEFORE the ETA derived from adding the Litchi flight time estimate to the time of departure. With the extra capacity battery, a Litchi waypoint mission of an estimated 40-minute duration will see the drone arriving to land precisely 35 minutes after the moment of takeoff.

Without hesitation, I highly recommend this larger-than-life battery for all Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum owners who are serious about pushing the range envelope of these highly capable drones.

While this is interesting, it really isn't relevant to a double battery Mavic 3 mod, which is the thread topic,

Has anyone bought a double battery Mavic 3 Mod?​

My question in Post #18 above was directed to @solidhouse regarding the Mavic 3 double battery which he has been testing, which is an entirely different product, and Litchi limitations are of course not relevant for the Mavic 3 with no SDK available. The Mavic 3 double battery is also clearly wired in parallel and should accurately be reporting true combined flight time and battery percentage.

So, @solidhouse what say you to my questions in Post#18?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S