DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone else noticed...NOT JUST GOGGLES

bonzo

Reactions
An increase in errors as the electronics in the mavic/goggles age?
I think with time/heat/vibration these things are nearly disposable and have a very limited fully operational window.

I dont use any app at all when i fly, only goggles and bird, so that is eliminated.

The goggles began to lock up at 29 days, compass errors mid flight, reduction in range etc.

Im on .400 firmware, never changed anything. When new it was all good.

Baked in limited MTBF.

I would never consider the Mavic to be disposable, just certain parts will need to be replaced over time. The battery should last a few hundred cycles, but as for the main components, as long as you don't expose them to rain or excessive heat or cold, your Mavic should last a lifetime.

Considering the fact that the Mavic is a helicopter, and all helicopters shake, as is their nature, it's just natural for things to start vibrating loose or wear out after a few hundred flights. Things such as the battery, gimbal ribbon cable, gimbal plate rubber bands, props, etc. will all need to be part of extended maintenance just as your car tires, brakes and oil are.

When I owned full scale airplanes, the plane would have to undergo a rigorous annual inspection where everything was torn down, inspected, worn parts replaced, and anything at or near expected life cycle would be replaced. Expensive and time consuming but helps extend the life of the plane and passengers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada